Author Topic: AC Ace Heater Vents  (Read 4271 times)

AK1161

• View Profile
AC Ace Heater Vents
« on: November 09, 2018, 00:19:38 »
I have noticed that my Ace has the holes in the top of the dash to throw heat onto the windscreen but it is missing the vents that deflect the heat.
Does anybody know a source for them....
Thanks in advance for any info.
Luke

10kph

• View Profile
Re: AC Ace Heater Vents
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 01:00:31 »
made friom aluminium like louver vents as shown.
   tony

Jim A

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 21:02:05 »
I know it doesn't help your inquiry, but I have to admit a certain humor about the very notion of an Ace heater.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 16:31:21 »
Do Heater Vents  Actually work  in a AC Ace in the UK  ?? 

I have found it best to use Rainex on both sides of the windscreen,  This gets rid of the water droplets and reduces misting.

During  the winter moths the tonneau cover over the passenger side helps keep  your feet warm and helps demist a little especially in RHD, even less with LHD.   Mind you in heavy rain you expect serious leaks  and you know the carpet is 50mm under water as your trousers have long been clinging to your calves.

Seriously,  in the 60,000 plus miles I have covered in BEX I have found a handy leather or the back of your gloves will be more effective especially with Rainex than a pair of AC  heater vents connected to a  period Smiths Heater... Someone had a sense of Humour when they invented Screen Heater  Vents ::).. ;D.

Keith

TTM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 13:20:08 »
Should Aces fitted from new with such windscreen demisting vents also use some sort of blower unit fitted in the engine bay?
The last Aceca I saw up close had one of those.

Interesting positioning of the indicator switch on the first picture.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 13:22:27 by TTM »

AEX146

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 16:59:36 »
In restoring AEX146 I had 3 flat screens with embedded electric elements made up. I have one for sale if you’d like to upgrade from Keith’s back of the glove system!

swiftruss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 22:01:03 »
Try Gerry Hawkridge- Hawk Cars. He should be able to supply you. Hope this helps.
Russ

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 08:55:32 »
For what is essentially two 6" x 1" bits of 16g alloy, a hole in each end and a tweak, I'd be interested to know what price is charged for these highly technical parts!!!! Getting them etch-primed and paint matched to an inevitably faded scuttle would present me with more of a challenge than making them!!! let alone fitting them without removing the screen.
Glenn Burnage ACOC member