Author Topic: Gentleman's Express Club AC 428 Register - Updates  (Read 66619 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
Gentleman's Express Club AC 428 Register - Updates
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 20:35:04 »
My pleasure Andy [:)]

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 09:05:40 »
Paul, How nice to see your contributions again.
   As far as I can tell, it was January 2007 when the "How many Frua's..." thread began, and March of 2007 that you piped up with the beginnings of an answer. You've been the catalyst in arriving at an answer! (and, as you might remember, there will one day be a long-lost addition to the list - hopefully)
   Thank you!

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 18:44:48 »
Thanks Jeff [:D] Certainly been a while and what the picture was like back then compared to today, trying to stop them being converted into Cobras with top price I think being around £30 - £40k or so with most topics about rust and overheating. And what it was like throughout the Nineties always stuck from vague memory around £15 - £20k or so ? I can also remember Andy once saying we need someone famous to buy one, Beckham I think it was, so howzabout you and Emmanuel together when ready paying a real casual “just passin’, howdy” visit to Jay Leno ? That would really be a cool way to git things movin' on upwards agin.... ! [8D]

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 22:53:42 »
Updated 4/4/13

Unknown 01: Formerly Keith Moon's AC 428.

http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/t19535676/unknown-cars/

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 12:07:36 »

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2014, 04:38:29 »
Message to Classicus:

Paul - I tried to send you an email, but your "fruafan" address is defunct.
   I was trying to send you photos of another "unknown" fastback for your register. It's CF26, intact under a 40 year layer of dust. (It is VERY "dusty")
   Are you still with us? Would you like to see?

And by-the-way...
   I have a photo of Jay Leno admiring my 428. He pulled up next to the Frua in his Merlin-powered Bently, and was full of admiration for the car. He really likes the 428's - knew all about them, and said he wanted one. (this mentioned, as you had expressed an interest in having feedback from him)

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2014, 12:46:37 »
Hi Jeff

Great news ! Can’t wait to see the pics of CF 26 well done ! How did you find it ?

And Jay Leno on top !! Ooooo - which always reminds me of the guy in “Car 54 where are you ?” which goes back ! Really love to see the pic of him admiring yours too. Long overdue recognition and publicity for the 428 indeed !

Just sent you an email....

Thanks !! [8D]

Paul

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2014, 22:11:10 »
Hi Paul,

"Car 54 reporting" I am here, the car is getting back together slowwwwwly.

I just saw the rebuilt calipers yesterday, newly blasted, painted new pistons and seals. Incidentally, we found a stock MKIII Girling clutch fork, master cylinder, slave cylinder and bracket to replace the Kit car system used previously (Bracket and slave cylinder out of a 59 Ford pickup, we had issue sizing the Girling master cylinder. I never liked it! My clutch was very light but the travel was way too long (like that of a truck) and I did not like it. It will be heavier but I think much better. This not a "girly" car anyway! Should feel just like a big block Cobra. Jeffrey, this will work for you as well since you have the same 59 Ford system on your car.

Better than new.

Emmanuel[:)]

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2014, 22:19:01 »
Paul -
   No email as yet from you. I checked my address in "profiles", and it should work.
   Somehow your email to me has gone astray.
   Try again please.
   Jeff J

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2014, 23:18:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

Hi Paul,

"Car 54 reporting" I am here, the car is getting back together slowwwwwly.

I just saw the rebuilt calipers yesterday, newly blasted, painted new pistons and seals. Incidentally, we found a stock MKIII Girling clutch fork, master cylinder, slave cylinder and bracket to replace the Kit car system used previously (Bracket and slave cylinder out of a 59 Ford pickup, we had issue sizing the Girling master cylinder. I never liked it! My clutch was very light but the travel was way too long (like that of a truck) and I did not like it. It will be heavier but I think much better. This not a "girly" car anyway! Should feel just like a big block Cobra. Jeffrey, this will work for you as well since you have the same 59 Ford system on your car.

Better than new.

Emmanuel[:)]

This is so funny ! I'd genuinely forgotten you had CF 54....!!!

Watch it through....[:D]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyXmncTIbDg

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2014, 00:07:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by J Jones

Paul -
   No email as yet from you. I checked my address in "profiles", and it should work.
   Somehow your email to me has gone astray.
   Try again please.
   Jeff J

Hi Jeff

Email re-sent...

I was wondering what had happened too, look forward to seeing pics.

Paul

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2014, 19:16:21 »
Hi Jeff

Mystery, I just tried to send myself an email from the forum to my regular gmail address about half an hour ago as it’d always been working ok, but it still hasn’t arrived for some reason so could explain why the first one didn’t arrive ?

So cross checked by sending a second one to the same address only this time using gmail to gmail direct instead and it arrived immediately so no idea what it could be.

Try sending one from the forum to yourself as well, see what happens…

Thanks

Paul

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2014, 22:23:44 »
sent three photos of CF26 to your temporary email address. Hope you get them. Good to know there's another existing 428 to add to the register. Though partially disassembled with parts scattered, I was told it's complete under 40-ish years of dust.

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2014, 19:30:26 »

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2014, 22:07:45 »