Author Topic: Hand Brake Support  (Read 2944 times)

AK1161

• View Profile
Hand Brake Support
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:32:34 »
Thanks for feedback regarding the seatbelt mountings which are now installed and look good and functional.
Whist the inner panel work is removed I am looking at ways to strengthen and support the hand brake and its box.
Has anyone experience or ideas on this.
Many thanks, Luke
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 16:45:35 by AK1161 »

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
Re: Hand Brake Support
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 13:03:37 »
I usually remake the floor panels, rear bulkhead & rear tunnel section in a stronger aluminium alloy (NS4 H14). I also increase the number of rivnuts holding the rear tunnel in place. The original rivnuts are 2BA threaded aluminium so I swap these for 5mm steel ones (2BA rivnuts in steel or aluminium now seem impossible to source). I find that the above mods result in a usable handbrake that doesn't flex or feel like it will pull out of the floor in use.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Re: Hand Brake Support
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 11:14:45 »
Have too agree with you, The floor and rear bulk head does tend to flex and really needs a bit of additional support.  There again you are not supposed to be doing hand brake Turns.
Regards Rivnuts:  Aluminium or Steel,  Domed or Flush head.

Check  out :    sales@tridentracing.co.uk     ( Page 97 ).. they produce a 200 page  catalogue /price list .  all sorts of  High tensile bolts .Nuts, Washers,
Rivnuts, Dowty seals, Tinnerman,  Thackery ,Schnorr,  all fastners etc etc. ;)

www.tridentracing.co.uk
tel:  +44 1327 857 822
sales@tridentracing.co.uk

Keith
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:05:56 by AC Ace Bristol »