Author Topic: AC Cars Manufacturing Ltd  (Read 38382 times)

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
AC Cars Manufacturing Ltd
« on: September 21, 2006, 07:40:13 »
Yesterday, I received a e-mail message from Mr. John Owen who is the Chief Engineer at AC Cars Manufacturing Ltd, who are based in Malta. He informs me that Brookland Motor Company based at Weybridge in Surrey are their official repairs of AC vehicles. Upon speaking to Mr. Steve Gray who runs Brooklands I was informed they hold most of the original AC body bucks and tooling information. I'm told most spare parts can be obtained through Brooklands and they can be reached on the U.K phone number of 01932 828545
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 15:25:09 »
Alan
   Whilst not being a Cobra owner, i would be grateful to have John Owens Mail address as i am having new AC Weller enging blocks, sumps,heads etc remade & would like to maintain a contact with John as he has been so helpful in the past.

Regards

Robin A Woolmer ' www.ac-engine.com '
   'E'Mail robin.woolmer@homecall.co.uk

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 18:34:19 »
Mr. John Owen [AC Cars Manufacturing Ltd] has an e-mail address of owenjfo@gmail.com
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 14:41:54 »
the practioners are Portland (www.portbfs.co.uk) 01489 550 440.

While I am not a direct party to tis action, I am kept aware of the proceedings. One of the creditors listed in the CVA is a certain Mr. Alan Lubinsky who is owed royalties for the licensing of the trademarks and intellectual properties which he holds in his USA company.

I have a large file cabinet filled with documents and such as relates to the ACCG/Pride Automotive/Numerous entities era of "AC". I supplied documents and information to the people who made the State of CT. aware of the real intentions of the "new AC factory in Bridgeport" deal, note that the Governor didn't hold a press conference to announce the state backing out of the deal unlike the big announcement she made when A.L. sweet talked the state.
   Rick

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 16:43:13 »
Rick

Many thanks for the info.  I will contact them today.

Mark-Anthony

CRS #22
   (No its not a bloody kit car!)

Auto Carrier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 14:19:55 »
Has the Brooklands Motor Company also acquired any of the old AC factory archives? Someone told me that archives had been thrown away, so it would be a relief if they still exist!

EL1192 (not a kit car either!)

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 16:57:29 »
I don't know about all the factory archives, the Cobra/MK IV stuff went to Malta, however Trevor Legate has copies. I have no idea about the pre-war stuff. comment removed by moderator.
   Perhaps someone knows for sure?
   Rick

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 17:14:55 »
I have to say I find that anyone would know that someday this info would be desireable .... I think its more like Rick says ... someone is just waiting for the info to be worth money.  What a crime ... I had someone go from France to Italy Modena to obtain copies of the original Invoice and import papers for my 79GTS Pantera ... for FREE ... now thats a real car enthusiast ... and friend.

I have to say thats why I SOLD my Shebly and Corvette ... got tired of the attitudes.  If this guy is holding info for manufactured cars .. I think thats the property of the co that went out of business ???

Ron

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 14:15:59 »
Ron,
   Lubinsky still owns the name and Intellectual Property as well as all trademarks to "AC"

comment removed by moderator.

Rick

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 13:56:16 »
Mark IV

You are remarkably well informed.  I can see us havng fuller discussions than this in the near future.  (I'll pay for the beer)

Mark-Anthony

CRS #22
   (No its not a bloody kit car!)

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 16:23:03 »
Rick

I have just learned that there will be an Insolvency hearing vis a vis AC Car Group Ltd in the very near future.  Let me know if you need/want to be kept informed.  There just might be an auction of any assests remaining.

M-A

Don-Genders

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 13:36:55 »
I decided to look up an old pal, Alan Lubinsky, last heard of when he bought AC Cars! I found your site and was intrigued by the various postings.

It seems Alan is none too popular and the success he had planned for the company when I fitted out the AC offices for him, (much as I had done in his previous premises for his 'Pride' companies), was never achieved.

Having known Alan from the first week he arrived here, penniless, from South Africa, I am surprised to hear he has fallen from grace in such a dramatic way. For what it is worth, he is not all bad and when I had business problems in the early 90's recession, he was one of very few people who was supportive and in collecting a leased vehicle I could no longer afford, replaced it with a car that he allowed me to keep, without payment, for a number of months until I found a way forward. He can't be all that bad!

Where is he hding now, anyone know?

Don Genders

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 15:43:38 »
Dear Don,

I have no idea of A.L.'s whereabouts though I do know that there are a  few people looking.  Sorry I can't be of more help.  Suffice it to say that I feel it to be unlikely in the extreme that you'll find him anywhere in the British Isles.

Mark-Anthony

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 03:18:25 »
Gentlemen ... maybe you could help me understand .. and be so kind to give me a little history lesson.

Where does Brian Angliss fit into all this ?

There was rumor back in the 80's that Eric Clapton and some english investment bankers were going to start the company back up ?  Any truth to this ... I know one thing .. I almost purchased one 1985 Black Autocraft Cobra with title bearing the name Eric Clapton, but passed on it at the time.

Why did the Co move to Malta ...

Its incorporated now in Ct Or Md ???

It seems aka A L is some where in the US ... is it impossible for him to sell his rights trademarks to AC and clear his debts.

What would we say something like this rights and trademarks etc is worth ???

Ron

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 13:22:44 »
Ron,

When the Brian Angliss version of "AC' was forced to liquidate (and he was forced, there is strong evidence that a banker put the screws to him) and Mr. Lubinsky bought the assets, he put all into his Delaware, USA holding company. All trademarks and IP are held apart from any UK/Malta AC entity. "AC" pays a royalty to use the names, trademarks and shapes of the cars to A.L.s company. comment removed by moderator.

Brian Angliss made some tactical and business mistakes but his operation was honest and run with good intentions. Remember he fought Ford Motor Company....and won when Ford was 49% owner of AC and wanted to close it down.

That the trademarks are held in a Delaware corporation is not a chance happening, as Delaware has some of the most business friendly laws for corporations. comment removed by moderator.

Rick