Author Topic: Seat belts for Ace  (Read 2898 times)

AK1161

• View Profile
Seat belts for Ace
« on: October 19, 2018, 21:55:48 »
I would like to fit across the lap seat belts to my Ace and wondered if anybody has any photos / information / experience in where best to weld the mounting points to and what type of belts to use ?
All feedback greatly appreciated as ever and any photos would be a bonus.
Many thanks, Luke

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Re: Seat belts for Ace
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 00:24:51 »
Luke

I have the pair of  lap seat belts I took out of BEX333 and replaced with full harness belts in 2001,  The lap belts were fitted to BEX 1965 /1966.

Yours if you can use in AEX443,      FOC.  ..   ;)

cheers for Now
Keith

AK1161

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 10:13:47 »
Cheers Keith,
Offer accepted.......any idea where they moored to the chassis.......or god forbid maybe the floor ?
Thanks, Luke

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 13:12:24 »
Luke

I will double check this weekend, but If my memory serves me well I think they were eye  bolted  directly through  the Ali Floor.... But wait for it there were large steel washers in either side of the floor.   They hadn't thought it through in 1964/65 ….. Yes!   if  BEX came to an abrupt halt the occupants would have continued on at some velocity. onward and onward...  Same as 1950s roll hoops, looked good but did bugger all if you fell over.... :'(

Whilst the body and  Chassis  of 443 are separated now is the time to weld in some serious suitable anchor points,  Caution, You  may need to have access for adjustment,   There is very little room between floor. rear wheel arch , rear bulkhead , Tunnel ,  seats   and runners. 

I will dig out the pair of lap Belts from the draw in the workshop cabinet and email you a couple of  pictures over the weekend.
 They have sat there since Jan/Feb  2001. 

Cheers
Keith

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 15:25:13 by AC Ace Bristol »

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 17:31:29 »
Maybe these pictures can give you some further ideas where mounting mounts can be placed: