Author Topic: Need help for an Aceca  (Read 3023 times)

aagc

• View Profile
Need help for an Aceca
« on: September 30, 2018, 00:32:22 »
I do not know if you remember  Aceca AEX 523  (post by igo  on Aug 13, 2007). One comment was that it had been buried. I could not let it go to parts and bought it.  Now I started to have the Aceca repaired and I have two problems. The front part of the chassis  has an oblique tube in the frame that interferes with the placement of the radiator that  I wanted to keep as original. From what I  have seen in the forum with other Aceca being repaired  not all of them have this tube. Is it possible to remove it or this tube was removed in latter cars when  the frame had thicker tubes ?
The second problem is that, in my car, the plate that fixes the steering centre link pivot  is in the front of the tower while in the other car photos it seems to me that it is placed backwards. Is this common to any other cars?
Please look at the  photos at : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1PwN2JKK8X7EyeqWmBYQQ_FKt64URv3On
Another question : where can I find an engine oil dip stick  for an Ace engine?
Thanks for your comments
Antonio

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Re: Need help for an Aceca
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:54:12 »
Antonio

Can you please confirm your email address and I will fire you a picture of the Steering Centre Link Pivot.This plate is infront of the transverse Spring and the three ball joints or between the rear of the tower and crankshaft damper. 
Check line drawing on page 57 0f the Ace/Aceca general instruction mamual. ( Recommended Oils / Lubrication Chart )

Keith

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 13:45:35 »
Antonio,
I cannot see your pictures (permission required it says.) However I do not think the diagonal tube you refer to is original. As '523 is one of the early Acecas I wonder if any overriders or their mounting brackets have survived ? It would be clearer were you to read the early overrider thread in this section.
I realise that you have bigger problems than the overriders, but I ask just in case something has survived. Good luck with the restoration
Barrie

BE774

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 15:19:13 »
Another question : where can I find an engine oil dip stick  for an Ace engine?

You could try PMing Robin A Woolmer and Rod Briggs on here.
Barbara

AEX 31

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 15:11:46 »
I have a number of them and will happily part with one or two!

If interested please email me at: jonas “at” jonaslindvall.com

Regards Jonas