Author Topic: Source for Lucas C39 PV2 dynamo cast pulley/fan  (Read 1974 times)

59 Aceca

• View Profile
Source for Lucas C39 PV2 dynamo cast pulley/fan
« on: December 30, 2021, 05:22:52 »
Happy Holidays all,

I'm hoping someone knows of a source (or has an extra they would be willing to part with) for a cast pulley/fan for a Lucas C39 PV2 dynamo.  Mine suffered the ultimate indignity on the return trip from getting its bushing and bearing replaced, compliments of UPS here in the USA.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
Re: Source for Lucas C39 PV2 dynamo cast pulley/fan
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 08:21:07 »
These were still available from the ACOC spares list when I bought one three years ago.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 08:58:21 »
Greg

Not in USA but worth a try:

Car Builder Solutions Ltd
Redlands
Lindridge Lane
Staplehurst
Kent
TN12 0JJ
England

Tel: 01580 891309

email: Info@carbuilder.com

I note they  sell /  produce Various permutations of Classic  Lucas   C39 and 40  Dynamo/Alternators ( Negative and Positive  earth  ) and make reference to Pulleys and woodruff keys.
Unfortunately I loaned my catalogue to my Son over Christmas, so cannot give more details.  If my memory serves me correctly pages 173/175 refer. ..  ..  Just checked on line They have a pdf Catalogue  ....  Link below

https://www.carbuilder.com/CBS_catalogue.pdf
They may be closed till January 4th 2022,
Great Service when I bought Vulcoflex hoses for BEX333, next day delivery.
All the Best for 2022.
Keith

« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 09:18:28 by AC Ace Bristol »

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 11:31:11 »
' www.wosperformance.com ' Supply new dynamo pullies for there alternator/dynamo units in various sizes , the only issue is that AC pullies have  fan blades to cool the dynamo which may not be incorporated!
The AC dynamo uses 'A' section belts but they do supply 'Z' section which i use, you need to make sure you get the correct offset!

Robin

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 21:31:34 »
All,

Thank you for your helpful suggestions.  I will check them out.

Best regards,
Greg

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 12:25:10 »
Greg
I have checked with my supplier of Dynamo's who do have pullies available but the actual pully you have is an AC Company design D60202 so not now made, i believe the Club did have some some time ago, but to reproduce the pulley would require new tooling.
The best solution is to use a separate steel fan with a stock pulley which can be supplied to fit the AC dynamo WOS Performance can do this for you, if you email me i can forward the details to you, i have supplied a drawing of the original AC pulley so they know what is required.

Robin 

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 12:29:44 »
Greg
Update Have checked the AC Owners Club Spares list & they show two pulleys available to AC design @ £65 each, so you should contact the s[pares people for one!
Robin

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 14:05:52 »
Robin,

Thank you for doing the additional checking!  Is there an alternate contact for AC Club Spares?  I've sent a couple of emails to Brian Eacott and never heard back.  Are you able to post the drawing of the original design here so I can compare to the dimensions of mine?  I'm assuming my pulley is original but you never know with a 60+ year old car what may have been replaced at some point!

Best regards,
Greg

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 14:37:46 »
Greg
Brian Eacott is not the AC spares person he trades as a separate supplier a bit like me but set up the spare parts operation when AC Ltd closed the function from the works, Brian worked for AC Ltd & left to set up his spares business probably in the 1980's .I make new Weller Engines.
Steve Hall is the AC Owners Club Spares guy, so you need to contact him direct. you should be able to find his contact details in the AC Action magazine each month.

Robin 

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2022, 15:31:03 »
Well, that explains it.  Thanks Robin, much appreciated.

Greg