Author Topic: Aceca Glass  (Read 4218 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« on: February 15, 2008, 22:31:32 »
Is either the windscreen glass (round corner) or rear hatch plexiglass available anywhere for an Aceca? I'd like to find a source in the US, or do I have to get them custom made?
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 00:14:58 »
Hi Peter

The ACOC at one stage had moulds to produce the rear plexiglass rear window / screen for both the Aceca and the Greyhound.

Suggest you contact Tony Michaels the ACOC Chairman and The AC Aceca Bristol Registrar,  he should have details of who , when and where you can obtain both the front and rear screen.

If you dont have any joy contacy either John Lewis Ac Aceca registrar or Clive Bowyer the Acedes Spares Co-ordinator.

first port of call in UK  Tony Michaels  email tonmich2002 at yahoo dot co dot uk

Alternatively you could try contacting  John Owen of AC Cars Malta, according to ACtion Magazine Dec 2007 he is  the main contact ( The Only Contact ) for AC spares. tel   +356 79 289 427

In USA....  Contact Jim Feldman and / or  Ron Leonard, either of them  should hopefully point you in the right direction.

Be interesting to see what response you get from all the above contacts, especially as Spares supply - suppliers is so topical with the ACOC at present. (re: Dec 2007 & Feb 2008 ACtion)

Gus Meyers in the States has recently restored his Aceca ( re this Forum over thepast 18 months)  have you tried him ??

Keith

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 01:05:16 »
Thanks Keith, I'll follow up on the contacts you suggest. I already tried Ron Leonard, no luck there. I'll post any results I come up with that may be of use to other members. As always, your help appreciated.

Peter
Peter B.

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 07:59:59 »
Peter,

The ACOC club have rear Aceca screens, I know as I produced them. We have just changed the buck as the first few needed adjustment. Within the next two weeks we should have a 5 rear screens done. Contact Clive Bowyer.

John.

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 23:40:56 »
Thanks John!

Peter
Peter B.

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 16:34:21 »
Does anyone have Clive Bowyers email address? I don't see any listed in ACtion for him.

Peter
Peter B.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 17:32:47 »
Peter
   It is 'cjbowyer@googlemail.com'

Regards

Robin

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 17:44:56 »
Great, thanks Robin.

Peter
Peter B.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 23:30:51 »
Hi guys,

Gus weighing in on the story. The rear piece is not available in the US and has to be custom made. I have had several attempts made by reputable  shops, but to no avail. When the plastic cools and is out of the mold, it does not retain its compound curves. I ended up polishing mine as good as I could and reinstalled it. If someone wants to take on the challenge and is able to produce a good example, I'm in the market so costs of developing the mold are suppressed.

Gus

geoff leigh

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 22:21:57 »
I , have had a mould made from the rear perspex screen of my Aceca,a  batch of seven were made & sold without any problems.
   If any body in the club is interested, I will be having some more done shortly.
   Regards.
   Geoff

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 11:44:51 »
Geoff,

Can you email me direct (john_abel289@hotmail.com) about the screens

Thanks

john.

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 22:57:42 »
I never heard back from Clive Bowyer from the email inquiry I sent to him, does anyone else know how to reach him, maybe a different email address?

Geoff - I'm interested in getting a screen if you can pass along some info like the approximate cost, shipping to the US, etc. Gus will probably be interested also.

Peter
Peter B.

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca Glass
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 08:18:26 »
Peter,

Clive sent the email to me, I currently have the stock of Aceca Screens for the club. Please email me at john_abel289@hotmail.com.

Once we have checked the new batch of screens [last thing I want to do is ship a screen to the US  without checking it fits] we can discuss prices, etc. I have also another US AC owner who wants some screens.

I'm sorry to everyone who is waiting, just want to make sure we have screens that work on mass of cars.

John