Author Topic: Wanted : original 289 Cobra fan blade  (Read 7558 times)

A-Snake

• View Profile
Wanted : original 289 Cobra fan blade
« on: February 07, 2008, 22:14:45 »
I am looking for an original 4 bladed fan blade that came on 289 Cobras. Many were removed by original owners after the break-in period. Most had the tips of the blades painted yellow. Would prefer an unrestored example but would consider a restored one.

Thanks

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:56:57 »
That would be the C2DZ-8600-D 4 blade fan from a Falcon 144/170 CID six cylinder engine. I may know of a new one.

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 23:57:19 »
Mark IV,
   I don't believe the Falcon blade is the same. The Falcon fan is a greater diameter than the Cobra and is constructed differently where the blades join.

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 16:55:24 »
A-Snake,

Could be, I have always been under the impression that the stock water pump mounted fan was the Falcon unit, but that could be one of the many "set-in-stone" beliefs that have been proven wrong over the years. So many Cobra "facts" have been reprinted, retold and regurgitated so may times that they wave become "legend", even if they are wrong!

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 18:49:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

A-Snake,

Could be, I have always been under the impression that the stock water pump mounted fan was the Falcon unit, but that could be one of the many "set-in-stone" beliefs that have been proven wrong over the years. So many Cobra "facts" have been reprinted, retold and regurgitated so may times that they wave become "legend", even if they are wrong!

So true! The 'look' of the two is very close. The body support tubing that runs on either side of the fan area would be very very close to the Falcon blade. [;)]
   Some of the "set-in-stone" beliefs have come from restorers that used a non original replacement 'will-work' part years ago that eventually became original. [^]