Author Topic: C & SC Feb. issue  (Read 18857 times)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 17:27:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

Interesting how some one who has never owned a genuine 427 CSX car has become a "who said". Some of the statements are simply not correct not correct based on 33 year old pictures I have of 3327.[}:)]

Please elaborate, you might have owned an original car years ago (Maybe) but I see these cars everyday out here in Los angeles. I know quite a few Cobra owners and shops where these cars are being worked on. So go ahead and tell me where you think I am wrong. 3327 was a regular street car which was quite different from SCs'. Maybe you want to post some of these pictures so we can look at them together!
   Here is some interesting info about 3327, it seems that CSX3326 and 3327 were owned by the same guy in the 60's, it's toward the bottom of the page!

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/80457-saac-32-trip-report-6.html
   There is also another thread on the Club Cobra Forum where ownership of CSX3327 seems to be in dispute then as well!

Emmanuel [:D]

jbottini

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 19:32:18 »
Emmanuald, I'm glad you have the opportunity to live the dream vicariously. You are correct that 3327 was constructed as a street car. The 3326 & 3327 were once both owned (and i believe 3326 was a street model also)by Paul Nicter of Buffalo, NY. I bought 3327 from him. The individual whom I sold it to converted it to an S/C  and changed the color. The title on 3326 passed to one MKIV; from this forum; after a small road hazard incident, I understand. I spent a couple of years enjoying, maintaining, and driving at the Glen in this vehicle, so I know I understand the species and this CSX  number. I, like you, vicariously was exposed to many other owners iof 289's, 427's, S/C's, GT 40's and all manner of  Shelby's as well as Boss 302s/351's & 429's, much of it through my employer at the time FoMoCo.
   regards,
   J

Mark IV

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 19:41:54 »
Englishman,

I am not positive that the car was CF64, that number sticks in my head but could be wrong. The car I worked on was owned circa 1986 to 1998 by Charles Davis of Buffalo, NY. I did a complete brake system rebuild (all hydraulics and boosters) as well as other work. The car went to the Northwest USA to the US AC registrar (I know his name but it escapes me right now) It was a RHD 428 automatic coupe with the rocker rather than toggle switch dash. The quarter panels were soft and we repaired the trunk floor/battery tray area. I do have photos of the car and somewhere will have a record of the VIN if I can locate my files.

Mark IV

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 19:52:42 »
[quote[/quote]

Please elaborate, you might have owned an original car years ago (Maybe) Here is some interesting info about 3327, it seems that CSX3326 and 3327 were owned by the same guy in the 60's, it's toward the bottom of the page!

Emmanuel [:D]
   [/quote]

Yes,
   Mr. Bottini owned CSX3327 in the 70's.....I drove it under his ownership and also stored it on our showroom floor.

3327 was bought as the replacement for 3326 after the rather nasty shunt that FUBARed it. Paul Nichter was un-aware when he bought 3327 that it was the consecutive car, it was chance. He purchased the car from a long time, multiple Cobra owner who I have since come to know via phone.

Why you must persist in denegrating MKIVs and some opther cars is beyond me, it does nothing to help the value of your cars and drives people off boards like this.

C9OBY

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 22:03:13 »
Emmanuel, you steadfastly miss the point.  This forum is for the AC-OC enthusiast. We're all sick of watching you continually bash other people's cars / posts / opinions. Get lost, you add nothing.

cliffordl

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 22:55:02 »
Hey Emanuel

Moving aside from the Mark bashing debate. as far as i can tell you're the only site contributor who gives any reasoned advice on the proper workings of the 428. Lets face it how many owners follow and contribute to this forum? Also it's curious how the Cobra has effectively no following on this forum, are the (probably UK based for this site) owners too busy or disinterested/ non IT'd to follow the official site.?. Up til recently it's all been 428. It strikes me that you are the only Owner of a 428 who has personally overseen a recent restoration and is willing to contribute what and where to source and sort problems with such a restoration. Andy Shepherd is the obvious UK source of knowledge but his comment is rarely seen on this forum inspite of his position as 428 registrar.
   I know of at least 2 major restorations where the owner is just paying over the money and not interested in how it is achieved. The guys doing the restoration are not willing or able to share their knowledge in how such a 'money no expense' restoration is to be attained.

Given an 80 car total it can only be good to share knowledge and resources to keep them on the road. So [please keep the technical talk coming.

As for the real/replica debate - well personally I've never taken to replicas or later rebuilds. For the money of a decent replica why not buy something original? though to be fair there are so few 'real' Cobras about that owners of valid cars must get asked about their 'kit cars'. I recently offended a client by commenting (favourably) on his Countach 'replica' that turned out to be a right one owned from new!
   What struck me most when i visited 'Wings and Wheels' last year was that the 'real' Cobras had a beat-up road used appearance whilst the replicas looked showroom fresh. I know what i'd prefer but each to his own particularly when Hawk/Kirkham are so obviously the way forward in parts supply.

Whatever.

Englishman

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 00:16:29 »
Mark IV,

I suspect that the car you worked on was not CF64 as this car was in Canada from the late 80's.

The VIN number would of course be conclusive.

Cheers  Peter

Mark IV

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 01:07:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by Englishman

Mark IV,

I suspect that the car you worked on was not CF64 as this car was in Canada from the late 80's.

The VIN number would of course be conclusive.

Cheers  Peter

I will look for the actual number. As I said, I could be wrong (talk to my wife, she will tell you I am ALWAYS wrong! I married Mrs. Right, I just didn't know her first name was "Always")

Emmanueld

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 18:01:28 »
Thanks, Clifford I don't think I am bashing MarkIVs, just placing them in the right perspective. They are fine cars and are an evolution of the Cobra. I understand why people feel excited about their cars. However, it seems some owners have unrealistic and indefensible positions about them, much like Pantera and some Lamborghini (Countach and up) owners. We love to laugh at Pantera guys out here who spent many $ putting all kind of tacky junk on their cars. This is why the Pantera market is so low. I rather talk about 428 and leave these guys in MKIV fantasy land. JBottini and MarkIV, I have nothing really against Autocraft cars and I would rather talk about various technical aspects of all ACs' in general in a constructive manner.

JBottini, what happened to 3327? Do you know where it is today? I am sure you have fine memories about your car and I am sure everybody would love to hear how it was, the likes and the dislikes. There is a guy on the web who claims he drives his 427 almost on a daily basis. It's kind of fun, I will post his web site when I find it. I got it:

http://www.prc68.com/I/CSX3282.shtml

Like I said it's kind of fun.

C9OBY, Do you even belong to the AC owners club? I don't want to be rude but what information have you provided to the AC owner. I have looked at your posts. Sorry Chap but there is no reason to be rude!

Emmanuel [:)]

C9OBY

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 22:53:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

C9OBY, Do you even belong to the AC owners club? I don't want to be rude but what information have you provided to the AC owner. I have looked at your posts. Sorry Chap but there is no reason to be rude!

If you had read my posts it would be evident that I am. Furthermore, I tend to share my thoughts on AC's face to face with other members at most of the UK AC-meets.  And while doing so, I never suggest that their MKIV's are replicas, as you have so eloquently done in the majority of your posts to date.  I'd like to see you share your views face to face with the people you so often insult ... I don't think you'd enjoy the 'close contact' response. Comments on rudeness are rich coming from you...

jbottini

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 23:54:35 »
Emanuald,
    While I concur with the chap from accross the pond regarding your attitude, in fact your remarks (under the guise of humor) are most unwelcome. Your restoration of your Frua (nee stretched Cobra)has been interesting, but you even are insulting in those posts.
     I will attempt to scan/resize and to figure out how to post the pictures either here or on another web site. Yes, I know where 3327 is, in fact I still have a couple of bits of memorbila from her i.e. the original chassis manualand some other fun items.
     Probably the most fun I had was daily drives and trips to the Glen in 3327, a close second was having Shelbys and Boss's of every discription as company cars.
     Cut down on the attitude and you might get more out of an AC Cars enthusiasts web site regards,
   J

Emmanueld

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 19:35:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by C9OBY

quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

If you had read my posts it would be evident that I am. Furthermore, I tend to share my thoughts on AC's face to face with other members at most of the UK AC-meets.  And while doing so, I never suggest that their MKIV's are replicas, as you have so eloquently done in the majority of your posts to date.  I'd like to see you share your views face to face with the people you so often insult ... I don't think you'd enjoy the 'close contact' response. Comments on rudeness are rich coming from you...

I think everybody is entitled to their opinions. I would, and I have shared my opinions with people over here and I would do so over there as well. As a matter of fact, I am not the only one with similar thoughts. Anyway, why don't we drop the subject for the time being as it is getting rather old. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you in person when I go to England. Regards.

For the time being however, let's drop the subject and talk about car!
   Regards,

Emmanuel [;)]

jbottini

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008, 21:45:32 »
It simply never stops

Classicus

• View Profile
C & SC Feb. issue
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 08:21:14 »
Tact.