Author Topic: Vintage Head For Weller engine  (Read 10698 times)

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Vintage Head For Weller engine
« on: January 19, 2008, 21:14:58 »
Can anybody supply me with the stud positions for the water pump on the front of the AC 2-Litre engine head?
   I would like the stud positions of the water pump relative to the centreline of the Camshaft?

Hope you can assist.

Regards

Robin

keithjecks

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 23:32:22 »
I take it my PVT is too new (1937) for you?

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:30:03 »
Keith
   Thanks for response, i have just recieved some photographs of the Vintage Aluminium head & found that the only key differance between the PVT & Post War heads are the studs on the front of the head to bolt the cam driven water pump.I have full details of the Post War & my PVT Heads to cover those periods but was missing the Vintage, happily if i am able to obtain the exact stud positions relative to the cam centre i will be able to have the new head tooling modified to accomodate the Vintage heads as well.
   After some delay i am very rear recieving my first castings from the new tooling which will be made in Aluminium (14kilo weight saving)so i can still have minor changes made in the tooling.
   I am therefore hopeful to have the first machined heads for trial by mid this year.

Thanks again

Robin

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 20:50:04 »
Keith
   Just to let you know Clive kindly sent to me a sketch of the Vintage Head Stud positions which are now being incorporated in the patterns which means i am able to offer Aluminium heads for Vintage, PVT & Post War AC Weller engines.
   Tooling is promised for next week, but we will see, once i have the first casting i can verify all stud positions for both the water pump, inlet manifolds & exhaust are all correct for standard & my modified manifolds etc.

Regards

Robin