Author Topic: Ace -Bristol Racing book  (Read 3637 times)

aex125

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:36:02 »
I see where John McClellan has listed that he has (had)some copies of the his and Tony Bancroft's book on the Racing Ace Bristols. Does anyone know how to confirm if there are still copies available, and if so, how I would go about getting a Sterling Cheque/PO on the left side of the pond? I have only bought oversees via credit card and so am not sure how to do this.
   Thanks,
   Jay

nikbj68

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 18:54:49 »
Hi Jay. There are a couple of copies showing up on Amazon.co.uk but with the $-£ exchange they are quite expensive. I`ll have a word with Tony Bancroft & see if he has any copies available, possibly even signed!
   Nik.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 19:22:39 »
DOH!
   I realised just after I sent the email that I should check the 'small ads' section....Sorry.
   I`ve just tried to phone John, but no answer....will try again soon.
   Nik.

pjbowman

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 02:17:49 »
I'd like to pick up a copy also, if anyone hears that they are actually still available.

Peter
Peter B.

aex125

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 05:13:29 »
Thanks Nik, The small ads was where I had seen that they were potentially available so a query from you to John or your side would be most helpful. I realize the exchange rate will make it expensive, but I've heard it is a very good book and so I'll go ahead if they are available. I still need to figure out how to get a payment in Sterling pounds, but also was wondering is the PO referred to in the ad a Postal Money Order or something else?
   Thanks,
   Jay

nikbj68

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 15:10:21 »
Awaiting reply about availability & payment methods for you both from Tony Bancroft... it is indeed an excellent book.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 16:20:55 »
The book was limited to 1,000 copies and was numbered and signed by John Mclellan. When I received mine in 1999 John gave me number 316. Why? Because I own BEX316 [;)]
   I guess most numbers are not available anymore but just state your chassis number (in case you like this idea) and who knows what's still possible.
   It's quite a good book, some typo errors but what book hasn't. Especially nice for nuts who crave for detailed history, mainly competition oriented of course as the subtitle suggests. Great period pics.

Jerry

nikbj68

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 16:52:16 »
That was a nice touch, Jerry!
   Jay & Peter, Tony is looking into it & will make contact with you directly, my work here is done. [8D]
   Cheers,
   Nik.

aex125

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 19:55:14 »
Nik,
   Thanks for all of the help and I hope I have a chance to repay with a pint of your favorite at some point.
   Jay

pjbowman

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 20:22:12 »
Same from me, thanks gents.
   Cheers!

Peter
Peter B.

GaryC

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 05:22:23 »
I am also interested in a copy and would appreciate the same info for purchasing from the states.  Thanks!

tim isles

• View Profile
Ace -Bristol Racing book
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 17:10:43 »
Copies of "Ace Bristol Racing" book are still available at £40 plus postage & packaging. For further details please contact tonybancroft@btinternet.com