Author Topic: CF 59  (Read 9377 times)

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
CF 59
« on: January 07, 2008, 11:43:10 »
Finally,

I have managed to get to drive one of these bloody lovely cars!

CF 59 is a late RHD car, first registered in 1971, a coupe, with the later dash, 8 track stereo, no air con, and it is fitted with an auto box, which sadly refused to kick down when I drove it.  Kickdown cable needed adjusting I suspect - certainly nothing major.  It needs kickdown - badly - bit of a slug without.

I Loved it and I now know that I really do want one, I may have to sell the house but hey . . .

The car, and I assume all of them, corners well and very accurately, it does hich up its skirts and move if down shifted (manually here) and it feels tight and secure.  Does require a bit of a heave to stop it quickly though, mind you my Ghibli did too.  It is, as I hoped, comfortable and I think it would make an absolutely spiffing Grand Tourer - what.

I'll bet if fettled it would scare the bejesus out of a few hot hatches too.

The tired paint is VERY VERY RED, whose shade can only be described as 'whore red'.

The car is in Great Britain and the owner has asked to remain anonymous.

(Damn but you 428 owners are secretive.  I have now found four missing cars: CF 38, CF 49, CF 55 and CF 59 and all the owners wish to remain anonymous - what are you hiding - apart from your cars?)

Regards

Mark-Anthony

PS.  Do let me know if you want any other missing 428s found won't you?  Yes I'm feeling very bloody smug!

Classicus

• View Profile
CF 59
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 14:00:44 »
Good work Commander. Oh Moneypenny wishes you'd forget about cars for once.