Author Topic: Aceca AE513 update and some questions  (Read 936 times)

kicksey

• View Profile
Aceca AE513 update and some questions
« on: July 24, 2022, 16:17:44 »
It has been an interesting time getting this car back on the road. Most recently I have had the carbs rebuilt and the original AC engine is beginning to run really well now.  Although it just stopped for no reason on Thursday and I had to be towed home.  Friday,  with sleeves rolled up,  I checked fuel flow and spark… all fine and it started straight up again.  My mechanic thinks it could be the condenser  failing when it’s hot?   Thoughts anyone?   Also what condenser and coil do I use?  Photo attached?

So far I have done around 20 miles and I am now within sight of a usable car! 

One other question,  I have the oil pressure gauge but not the rest of it and in any case I can’t work out where it would fit to the engine??   In the past there seems to have been an oil filter mod.  Photo attached.  Any help as to where this fits on the engine and where I can get the gubbins that goes between the gauge and the engine much appreciated
Regards

Chris
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 16:48:06 by kicksey »

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Re: Aceca AE513 update and some questions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 16:47:06 »
The best point for the oil pressure gauge connection is as near to the entry point to the engine as possible, therefore after any extra oil filters you have fitted!
Robin

kicksey

• View Profile
Re: Aceca AE513 update and some questions
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 13:06:58 »
Thank you Robin