Author Topic: Aceca rear screens  (Read 2983 times)

Exowner

• View Profile
Aceca rear screens
« on: July 16, 2018, 10:31:27 »
Does anyone out there know if there is a supplier who has Aceca rear screens?
Glenn Burnage.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Re: Aceca rear screens
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 10:51:10 »
If you do a search on this site you will find a reference to having new screens made but unfortunately it is dated 2009! worth contacting the email on the article, I would expect a batch was made then so a supplier was obviously available!

Robin

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 08:46:45 »
They used to be available from   http://www.plastics4performance.com/ & were at one time listed on their website, probably best to just give them a call.

Regards Luke.

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 11:48:01 »
Thanks chaps.
The reason for this post was - the top nearside of the rear screen seems not to follow the contour of the aperture as well as it might.
I wondered if the rubber was getting a bit tired, hence the not-perfect fit at the top nearside. It may be that the screen was not a perfect fit in the first place, but the rubber was keeping it in line and now the mis-alignment is showing itself as the rubber yields under years of holding it correctly - maybe?
Does anyone know the thickness of the plexi screen and the thickness of the alloy lip of the aperture? - can't order any new rubber until I know and I don't want to take the screen and rubber out yet.
Does cut-to-length mounting rubber behave itself around the corners when bent, or does the mounting rubber have to be pre-formed, as it were, if so, is it available anywhere??
All help gratefully received
Glenn

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 20:30:31 »
The screen is 5mm thick & the lip of the aperture is 4mm thick.
Over time the rubber seals do tend to harden & shrink so maybe this is what's causing your current issue
The new rubber is sold off the roll by companies such as COH Baines Ltd. https://www.coh-baines.co.uk/search.php?search_query=screen+rubbers&x=0&y=0

New rubber seals are quite supple & easily conform to the large radius corners of the cars rear hatch.As you probably know the seal is finally tensioned into position by inserting the filler strip using a simple hand tool, some lubrication such as liquid soap often helps during this process.

Luke.

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 17:39:27 »
Luke and the others, many thanks for the useful info.
See my next post, coming right now!
Glenn