Author Topic: Aceca Tool Board  (Read 3410 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Tool Board
« on: December 19, 2007, 03:01:06 »
Does anyone make reproduction tool boards that fit on the spare wheel and hold the tools for Acecas? Or does anyone have a pattern diagram for making one? Thanks in advance.

Peter
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca Tool Board
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 17:47:22 »
Peter

Ron Leonard used to manufacture AC tool trays to fit  inside a 16" AC Wheel,  Two Variations were available :-

AC tool Tray  TOO 001
   Bristol Tray  TOO 002

Repro Tools were also available, unfortuneately my price list is dated 1991, when they were £56.00 each  ( tools extra)

Ron Leonards Address is /was ???:-  1812 Crestview Drive.
   Durango CO 81301  ........Tel (970) 259 0108

Best check it out first.  good Luck.

Last but not least.....Best Wishes to all AC Owners and AC Enthusiasts for a  "Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous 2008."

Keith

Ps If you can still get them for 1991 price There could be a lot of AC owners ready to bit your hand off.!!

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Tool Board
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 21:57:14 »
Thanks Keith, I'll give Ron a call.

Happy Holidays to all ACOC members!
Peter B.

59 Aceca

• View Profile
Aceca Tool Board
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 06:42:26 »
Peter,

I am in the process of making a tool board for my AC engined Aceca and am basing it on an original tray that has been lent to me by another Aceca owner in my area.  If you've not had any luck with Ron Leonard and you're looking to reproduce the AC version (as opposed to Bristol) to the original specs and sizing, I can help you out.

Greg

GaryC

• View Profile
Aceca Tool Board
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 18:18:31 »
Peter (and Greg)...I also have an AC board if I am any closer (S. Calif) and will help if needed.  Greg...where are you in Calif??  I really like the looks of your car and would like to visit if possible before I start on mine.  Gary

59 Aceca

• View Profile
Aceca Tool Board
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 19:37:42 »
Gary,

The good news is, we're in the same state!  I'm about an hour north of San Francisco.  Email me at gsb1159@pacbell.net if you would like to coordinate a visit.

Greg

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Tool Board
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 18:47:00 »
Greg/Gary - thanks for the info guys. I've ordered a repro tool board from Ron, along with a set of wrenches to fit the board. In talking with Ron, he said the wrenches to fit the original board are impossible to find, and any repro wrenches currently available are slightly different so don't fit the original boards. If you have the original tools, then an exact copy seems liek the way to go. If, like me, you're missing the tools also, then  Ron looks like the best bet. Thanks for the replies everyone.

As a follow-up note, does anyone have a picture of an original AC Ace tool kit/pouch? I've never seen one, and Ron says that many of them were liberated before the cars ever made it to the dealers, thus their scarcity. Should have the same tools as the Aceca.

Peter
Peter B.