Author Topic: Ace Track Rod Ends & help getting hold of Club spares co-ordinator  (Read 2570 times)

James Eastwood

• View Profile
Gents,

Looking through the November ACOC magasine there were a list of spares available including Ace track rod ends which I'm after. Stephen Hall was listed as the contact for the spares and I emailed in June, then again twice in July, without receiving a response or an 'out of office' reply.

Is anyone able to help me with contact details for Stephen or an alternative route to a store coordinator? They are one of the few things left on my 'buy list' before I put the suspension back on the car.

Many thanks James
BE475
Membership #6401

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve's new email address is stevesaceca at gmail dot com. 

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Brian Eacott probably has them in stock so can supply.

Robin

James Eastwood

• View Profile
Very helpful I've emailed to the new address.

Brian does indeed have in stock, they are just more expensive than the ACOC listed parts. I've bought all suspension my pins and bushes from Brian. In fact I collected them in person at Christmas and we had a cup of tea and a discussion about the AC works and he told me some stories. I'm new to the AC world and the whole experience was very cool. I mentioned Bob Staples, who raced VPL442 against Bill Shaw in our car 200GPD. Brian said Bob Staples was in and out of the factory all the time, he'd come in the side door, set a cylinder head up on the mill, skim it and then let himself out!

Here's a picture of Bill Shaw and Bob Staples on Paddock Hill Bend in 1961.

Thanks again, James Eastwood