Author Topic: 302 EFI Engine refrains from starting  (Read 13550 times)

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Re: 302 EFI Engine refrains from starting
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 07:33:11 »
Good morning,

I would suggest replacing all 3 pumps with a suitable single high pressure pump and add a pressure gauge on the fuel ramp and a fuel pressure regulator, as I think it's the right way to run an EFI set up with minimum headaches.
I think that running 3 pumps is asking for troubles. It probably works but I find this particularly idiotic, especially when a single pump these days can do the same job on a relatively unstressed 302ci normally-aspirated engine.

Hi TTM,
You are defenitely right, however this would imply to modify completely the tank of my car; remember it is a flat underboot tank and unless inmerged into the tank, there is no other way to mount a HP pump low enough to get the necessary volume of petrol required. This is what is assured by the 2 LP pumps.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 13:24:05 »
This book arrived today .... and will be my favourite reading over the coming months .... should help to understand how the EFI is managed....  :) :)

ak1234

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2018, 13:47:21 »
I'm on my 3rd fuel pump ... the gas in the USA siezes the pump when they sit for long periods of time ... double check the pump.

Ron