Author Topic: 2019 the year a new audience will learn about the Cobra  (Read 2753 times)

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Re: 2019 the year a new audience will learn about the Cobra
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 19:33:32 »
Hmm, judging by this announcement there ain't going to be much to learn in the way of facts:

" ..........Henry Ford II and Lee Iacocca with the mission of building from scratch an entirely new automobile with the potential to finally defeat the perennially dominant Ferrari at the 1966 Le Mans World Championship in France."

Judging from the date quoted in the blurb, 1966, they are talking about the GT40 not the Cobra. Either way Alan Turner or Eric Broadley might choke on those two little words 'from scratch.'
Ironically 2019 is a year when a new audience might learn about a significant anniversary: A.C.'s Class victory in the 1959 le Mans 24 hour race. Funny thing - they had to beat a Ferrari to do it.

AC Ventura

• View Profile
Re: 2019 the year a new audience will learn about the Cobra
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 12:47:57 »
I think you may well be right Barrie, that the film will focus on the GT 40, but would be very surprised if the Cobra were to be ignored. Anyhow a film on the GT 40 story I welcome. Even a Hollywood version. I think Ron Howard's (Happy Days) film Rush, covering the F1 battles between Lauda and Hunt, is if not the, one of a very short list of the best motor racing films of all time. And Ron hadn't any knowledge of F1 before he directed it. So I for one will wait and see.
Mike