Author Topic: MA 200 in Classic Cars mag  (Read 11437 times)

msgsobe

• View Profile
MA 200 in Classic Cars mag
« on: November 28, 2007, 01:43:48 »
October 2007 issue, the car below it is NOT MA 200!!

cmaddox3

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 14:13:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by msgsobe

October 2007 issue, the car below it is NOT MA 200!!

Hi MSG!

Is there any way to get a higher quality scan of this page?  If you'd email it to me, I'd be happy to host it.

mailto:cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net

I'm very interested in reading the excerpt and the graphic is just a bit too small.

Thanks!

--  Chuck

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 15:15:22 »
Very interesting Mark and thanks !!

Incidentally whenever you get a moment do you think could you possibly do a very high resolution and then upload the AC factory's original 1962 drawing of MA 200 again as it's such a poor copy that's up there at the moment. Because I'd like to then enlarge all of them for much closer and more detailed inspection and comparisons before posting them onto the Register ? However before you do could you first flatten out the drawing to remove all the creases, plus make sure that the light source is evenly distributed over the whole sheet ?"

Thanks a lot [:)]

Cass

msgsobe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 20:31:14 »
Chuck  I emailed you a better copy.  Cass, the entire file is at the restoration shop, I'll ask him to repost the side elevation. The article mentions the possible Frua/428/Mistral connection.  Heres a pic of her naked!
   IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 00:32:17 »
Hi Mark

Can't upload the link to the pic you gave below as it's not quite complete. Have you copied out the full code from the bottom IMG box of Photobucket correctly ?

Thanks and very much looking forward to the side elevation pic !! [:)]

cmaddox3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 16:35:57 »
quote:

Chuck  I emailed you a better copy.  Cass, the entire file is at the restoration shop, I'll ask him to repost the side elevation. The article mentions the possible Frua/428/Mistral connection.  Heres a pic of her naked!

MSG,  I think the Junk Mail filter got it.  Would you please resend it to: cmaddox3@gmail.com ?

Thanks in advance!

--  Chuck

msgsobe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 02:57:18 »
sent again chuck. cass, if you send your e mail, I'll send a better copy, msgsobe@hotmail.com

cmaddox3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 13:53:24 »
quote:

sent again chuck. cass, if you send your e mail, I'll send a better copy, msgsobe@hotmail.com

I still No Joy...  Cass, would you forward to me your copy?  Thanks in advance!

--  Chuck

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 18:08:31 »
Getting a trifle lost all round now, so to hopefully try and untangle things from the beginning [:D]

Firstly I think you're still needing a enlarged scan from Mark of the Oct 2007 Classic Car scan with the pic of the Mercedes 250 coupe at the kerb ? In fact I don't have this nor did I request it. Instead and secondly I'm hoping when Mark or Mark's contact has got a spare moment, they'll be sending a clearer copy of the 1962 MA 200 Thames Ditton drawing for comparison purposes to go next onto the Register as the original is now too indistinct. (Refer the originally Admin. deleted then re-posted thread further down the main page "MA 200 - AC 428 Prototype" posted back on 19th September).

Finally I think I've cleared up the mystery incomplete link "Heres a pic of her naked!"  "IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com" as it sounds like it's the latest pic of the bare chassis already on the Register.

Make any sense ? Anyways no rush this end. [:)]

Cass

msgsobe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 05:01:35 »
Chuck, just sent the article again.  look for an e mail from msgsobe.
   cass, you are right, same pic.  Also, the side elevation is at the copy shop, getting a full set of copies made so we can put the origanals in a vault!  as soon as they are back, I'll scan a nice flat well lit copy for you.

cmaddox3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 03:19:51 »
quote:

Chuck, just sent the article again.  look for an e mail from msgsobe.
   cass, you are right, same pic.  Also, the side elevation is at the copy shop, getting a full set of copies made so we can put the origanals in a vault!  as soon as they are back, I'll scan a nice flat well lit copy for you.

I received it ok, THANKS!

=)

--  Chuck