Author Topic: CF9  (Read 51284 times)

Damien

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 17:31:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

Hi Damien, did you talk to Margaret? She is truly very good at what she does, probaly the best in the US

Emmanuel

Emmanuel,
   The e-mail address you have given me does not seem to exist, and I did not yet find the time to call her, but I will do so;
   Best wishes,
   Damien

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 18:25:51 »
I hope she is still in business, I have to send her my tach, I will call on Wednesday!

Emmanuel

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 17:53:09 »
Picture of early 428 dash! Clock and water temp gage not original! Instruments are very similar to the MKIII except speedometer is not reverse rotation as in the big Cobra SC.

Emmanuel [:)]

Michael Trotter

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 14:54:05 »

Emmanuel
   Don't want to be pedantic but I question your posting on 15 December re the steering wheel being Motalita. All the pictures I have show the Cobra wheel but not the 428 having 9 plugs presumably over rivets as you mention and the tapered slots in the spokes look wider on the Cobra than on the 428. The wheel on CF6 was made by Walsall Wheels Ltd. This is engraved next to the rim on the back of the spoke at 6 o'clock. If you turn the wheel 1/2 a turn to get this to the top and use a mirror you may see the same marking on your wheel - or perhaps not? Probably academic as I suspect Walsall Wheels are no longer in business and so Motalita is the first port of call. But apart from the cosmetic differences there may be differences in diameter (CF6 is 15 3/8"), dishing and hub size (CF6 is 48 spline and , I think but haven't checked, 3/4" OD). Just a cautionary note for Damien.
   I have always thought the indicator/horn/headlight stalk switch was UK Ford (Cortina etc). CF6 switch is Lucas 35744A; the shroud round the column and switch is fibreglass which looks like home made at Thames Ditton. Surely Jaguar shrouds were all plastic mouldings?

Regards
   Michael

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 09:25:38 »
Michael Hi,
   You are not being pedantic, you might be right, I have not seen any name stamped on my wheel but I will check again. Moto Lita said they were the supplier for AC in the 60s'. AC might have used more than one source. Oh well, even if they were not, they probably could make one!  I had to replace the stalk and we used a Jaguar sedan which looked exactly the same. I am more familiar with the Cobra steering assembly than that of the Frua. Do you know for sure where it came from? Also your car is an early model and mine is a late one so!!!!!!! My car is equipped with a steering lock and yours probably is not. I will post some picture of the column to see if somebody can identify. What do you think?

Regards,
   Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 19:21:25 »
Damien, I just spoke to Margaret, she is still in business and I am sending her my tach to be modified for Electronic ignition use.

Damien

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 12:51:47 »
Emmanuel,
   Do you have her mail address ?
   Kind regards,
   Damien

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 00:58:36 »
Damien, I will give you her address tomorrow from the office,

Is this the motor Dennis built? I did not see it finished! you ended up using iron heads.

Damien

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 19:00:25 »
Emmanuel,
   The heads are aluminium,the intake manifold is an alu police interceptor.

cmaddox3

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 19:27:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

Unfortunately I've hardly seen any cars with your earlier dashboard layout, however having seen the close-up pics it does look a bit different. I know the factory had a continuous programme of improvements and would happily add extras if required for any brand new car or existing owner, yet although it's only a guess I wouldn't have thought that much would have been altered in the basic package offered between CF 7 and CF 9.

In the pic above of CF 7 it's hard to tell if there's a clock or not in the central console, however it is angled back whereas yours looks to be upright - obviously for the airco.

If you haven't already have a look at some of the interior pics on the Register for comparisons as well.

Best of all ask Chuck Maddox who owns CF 7 for his opinion as by the sound of it his car is still very original. In fact in one of his early posts I remember him saying the seats still have the same crease patterns today as in some photos taken in the late 60's ! He might take a few interior photos for you ?

Hi guys!

Even though the weather is still lousy, and the lighting conditions are even worse, I managed to get a quick snapshot of CF7's interior today...  I apologize for the terrible appearance of the interior.  I really need to hit it with a bottle of ArmorAll:

For the most part this was the way the interior was configured when we picked it up about this time of year in 1976...  The only addition is the AM/FM/CB/Cassette desk in the center with the especially cheesy plastic mock-wood bezel.  At least it's reasonably close to the steering wheel wood trim color.

As you can see the configuration of the dash is different than it was during CF7's testing days, with the removal of the J shaped panel where the Ash Tray say, replaced with a more upright center dash area with the ashtray affixed to the transmission hump.  You can also see the "direct from a 1966/7 Ford parts bin "T" handle which contrasts sharply from the later Automatic model's inverted "U" shaped shifter.

I hope this is of some assistance to Damien and CF9 and I remain available for additional queries should that be beneficial.  I promise to ArmorAll the interior when the weather turns for the better in Spring.

Cheers!

--  Chuck

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 22:32:35 »
Just for fun, here is the motor Dennis built for my Kirkham:
   JE piston, Crowler billet rods, Edelbrock heads, big 830 Holley double pumper.

The rods are like jewels!

Regards,

Emmanuel

Damien

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 11:30:41 »
Work has started on my car.  I will post pictures later.  The body and chassis are in very nice condition but the engine compartment is being sorted out before the new engine and the manual gearbox comes in (I have a big box full of useless wires, fuses, airco system, etc.... that former owners installed).  I also found the original dashboard shape behind the added console (see pictures).  This will make work on the dashboard much easier.
   I have two questions in the meantime : 1. does anybody know where the chrome switches for the electrical windows come from and where I can find them. 2. I have to refurbish or replace the suspension units, what do you advise and where can I source these parts. 3. There are 2 servo's for the brakes on my car, one for the front, one for the rear (which is disconnected).  What is the original layout ?
   Can anybody help ? Thanks all for your cooperation.
   Damien

cliffordl

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 14:41:09 »
For the suspension get in touch with Gerry at Hawk Cars.
   You may find that getting the switches rebuilt is easier than finding exact replacements (something that I am considering for my dash switches).
   Let us know how you get on.
   Cliff.

Damien

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 20:10:34 »
Thanks Clifford, but the original switches have been replaced by push-button ones.  I therefore need to try to find the originals.
   Kind regards, Damien

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
CF9
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 20:38:14 »
Try the following web site 'www.s-v-c.co.uk' they have a range of switches & if not the correct type they may be able to assist.

Robin