Author Topic: ACECA radiator rubber mounting pads  (Read 3341 times)

ivs

• View Profile
ACECA radiator rubber mounting pads
« on: June 24, 2018, 23:11:34 »
Does anyone where to buy those or other vehicle part compatibility? Mines are hard as a rock, looks like they where neoprene thick washers? Probably not the originals anyway.
thanks for any info
Ignacio VIvancos
Austin, TX

Exowner

• View Profile
Re: ACECA radiator rubber mounting pads
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:28:54 »
I've just had the rad out of my Aceca for an overhaul. The 2 key points are that whatever you end up using make sure that the pads are  pretty much non- compressible and that that when fitted their thickness aligns the top securing holes. I used 'shed-made' rubber pads of the appropriate thickness, the same as was fitted when we restored the car nearly 30 years ago.
I don't think you'll have much luck identifying 'OE' radiator mounts, but I expect that it was the rubbery stuff with an amount of cloth embedded in it.
Are you also looking for original air for the tyres (tires)!!!???

Glenn  Burnage

ivs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 13:32:43 »
No, not looking for British air for the tires, just something fast for replacement, the ones on the car are worn out, they are 16mm thick but having trouble finding rubber mounts that thick for the 3/8” studs.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 23:34:00 by ivs »

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 05:37:03 »
Stick 4 bits of 4mm together?

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 09:11:56 »
Hi try a bit of old tyre sidewall, it worked for my 2 Litre.

Just another helpful hint from the ol cumudgean.

G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

bbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 04:09:05 »
I suggest you google "rubber supply" company and look for a rubber supply shop near you.  Here in California we have a few industrial supply companies near by and they stock all kinds of rubber goods.  I have found them very good in supplying various rubber parts that can be used for gaskets, shims, mats, spacers, etc.  The trick is to find a counter man that is willing to talk with you and show you what goods he has on the shelves in back.  You may have to purchase much more stock than you need, or sometimes they have remnants.  Good luck.
Bert