Author Topic: Petrol Tank  (Read 3668 times)

Shamea2

• View Profile
Petrol Tank
« on: June 15, 2018, 17:22:10 »
The petrol tank for those that haven't had the pleasure of removing it.

A petrol leak - Something new!!

David S

• View Profile
Re: Petrol Tank
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:56:52 »
Nigel, did you manage to find the fuel leak?

Shamea2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:53:27 »
David

Haven't been able to identify exactly where it is.

It would seem to have been leaking for a considerable time. (Odd that I only noticed it when I removed the hardtop- change of air flow i guess).

I've coated the inside of the tank with POR15 and having it pressure tested early next week.

The solution seems a bit easy, so i'm not holding my breath - I don't fancy the alternatives much.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:19:42 by Shamea2 »

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 17:28:43 »
Any success Nigel?
must say that I can't get the perspective right with your pictures. My petrol pump is under the driver side rear wheel arch, the petrol tank level sensor is on the top of the tank on my car. A difference between the mk1 and mk2 vehicles?
BR /Paho

Correction; what I thought was the petrol pump is the fuel filter. :(
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 13:35:36 by paho »
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

Max (Allan)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 20:50:59 »
First pic appears to be view of the front of the tank. Viewed from the rear the fuel gauge senor and pump would be at the front of the tank behind the drivers seat – same place as on my ’93/94 Ace. However, my tank is aluminium – not stainless. It too was leaking, as I discovered soon after purchasing the car back in 2000. The dealer somehow had it fixed and it’s been okay ever since.  I find it amazing how every Ace seems to be slightly different. I thought the key to success was to standardise production as much as possible thereby keeping costs down - not that production ever really got going!!