Author Topic: Potential Increased US Customs Duties on Vintage Vehicle Imports of 25 Percent  (Read 2201 times)

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
This is an e-mail from my client Marshall Miller.  He is an avid car collector and senior partner in the law firm Miller&Company P.C.  His firm is directly engaged in representing client's on the issue of tariffs Trump is threatening to impose on the motor vehicle industry.   

In my other life I am the senior partner in a law firm that is solely focused on import/export law. I have 48 years of experience in the area and have represented most of the motor vehicle manufacturers with US production facilities among a wide range of other industry segments. You can learn more about my firm at the website noted below.     

It just occurred to me that the latest of President Trump’s trade actions against the motor vehicle industry, if it proceeds, will impact your company as vintage vehicle duties will have an added 25 %. A copy of our latest firm memorandum on the subject is linked herehttp://www.millerco.com/pdfdocuments/Public%20Comments%20and%20Public%20Hearing%20on%20Section%20232.PDF. If vehicles are imported under TIBs it is possible this new extra duty would be doubled to 50 percent if the vehicle is sold and the purchaser wishes to take delivery in the U.S.. I strongly urge you to consider preparing comments to be submitted by the deadline of June 22, 2018 requesting that vintage vehicles be exempted from this plan. We would be pleased to be of assistance. Please contact me at your earliest convenience by phone or email. Thank you.

Marshall V. Miller
Miller & Company P.C.
4929 Main Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64112
816-561-4999 (Phone)
816-561-5999 (Fax)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 00:22:21 by Cargirl »