Author Topic: fog light wiring  (Read 2260 times)

bex1151

• View Profile
fog light wiring
« on: June 05, 2018, 19:19:29 »
Can anyone help with wiring and switching for fog lights? I received BEX1002 with fog lights but no wiring and no obvious dashboard switching.  My wiring diagram doesn't show anything for the lights.  Were the lights and wiring an after market add-on?  I'm ordering a new wiring harness and need some help before I submit the order.  Should I even think about reinstalling them?  Any ideas would be welcomed.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Re: fog light wiring
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 14:03:40 »
Terry

email or Call  Steve Gray,  As he competed along with John Arnold at Le Mans Classic  in a pair of Aces ,  Both Aces were fitted with  Fog Lights  / Long range Driving lights, 
So he can confirm wiring either in conjunction with head lights or independent. plus he can also supply made to measure nose cowl to accommodate  your auxiliary lighting.

AC used the Lucas pull on -push off  switch  ( reference ,   Holden  part number  31434   £21.30 + vat ) Same as I use for control of electric fuel pump.

Keith
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:13:22 by AC Ace Bristol »

bex1151

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:15:31 »
Keith
Thanks for the lead.  I'll contact Steve.
Aloha   Terry

James Eastwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 13:53:07 »
I have a picture of my '58 Ace when nearly new showing the Long Range and Fog light fitted thus expect these were fitted by the factory. The lights have individual switches, I'm not sure whether the Long Range light would be wired in series with high beam, but this would put additional load on the head light and dip-switch so I expect they were wired independently.

The switch positions are located on the lower edge of the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel. I've attached a picture hopefully you can see the two blanking grommets just under the right hand spoke of the wheel. Mine are not currently fitted.

As Keith explained I believe these should be labelled 'LR' and 'Fog'.

James Eastwood

James Eastwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 13:55:43 »
This photo may be better.

JE