Author Topic: BEX339 for sale  (Read 2988 times)

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
BEX339 for sale
« on: October 10, 2007, 22:53:01 »
BEX339, the car that was the subject of two letters in October's ACtion as being auctioned by Kruse on Sep. 4 for a substantial price has turned up again on the internet.
   Surprisingly with another dealer than the one stated in one of the letters. It's listed with Charles Crail Automobiles who appear to have sold at least 2 Aces in the past.
   Here's the link:
   http://www.charlescrail.com/used-cars.php?id=c1d0e891dae1c934887d4f4a7082155e
   I must say the pictures are a pleasant surprise, it looks nicer than the pictures in ACtion suggest.
   Part of this must be the apparent absence of the dents that are clearly visible in ACtion's pics (LR wing and also LF wing). What magic made them disappear?? It's a mystery to me as the pics look to be recent and the description mentions hurricane damage to the building where the Ace was stored that also affected the car.
   Also, there's one pic where the demister vents for the flat screen version are visible (topic "Demister vents for 56 Ace").

Jerry

nikbj68

• View Profile
BEX339 for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 23:31:44 »
Maybe an insurance claim for 'storm damage' helped sort out a few 'pre-storm' issues too?[:o)]

It looks like someone has gently persuaded some of the dents out, where you can see the bare aluminium, but thank goodness  "The car is totally original and rust free"

I love that car. I`d love to see it just 'freshened up' mechanically.

pjbowman

• View Profile
BEX339 for sale
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 15:52:03 »
Amazing to think that the dealer can get even more than the price paid at the auction. The description that it runs and drives superb(ly) seems in conflict with the letter in the latest ACtion also.On the plus side, he did do a nice job of metal working the previous damage.
Peter B.

Bernie

• View Profile
BEX339 for sale
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 03:08:39 »
Well, I was at the Kruse auction specifically to watch this car cross the block, and I commented on it in Octobers ACtion. I'm slightly puzzled as the auctioneer congradulated "Mark from St Louis" and told the audience it was going to a great restoration shop there. I guess anythings possible in the auction world. The current sellers idea of a "just paint it and drive" is far different from mine. The photos dont show the numerious dings & dents all over. Looks like the two big ones were slightly bumped-out to look presentable. It needs lots of work, I wouldnt trust 35 year old brakes. I wish the owner good luck at the next auction, wonder what kind of reserve he has on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bernie