Author Topic: AC 3000ME - Manufacture of New Gears  (Read 19603 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AC 3000ME - Manufacture of New Gears
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:27:10 »
Many owners of the AC 3000ME will be aware of the efforts being made by the AC Owners' Club Council to make arrangements for the manufacture of new gears of an assured quality.

Authorisation has now been given for Acedes Spares Ltd to sponsor and finance the manufacture of 10 pairs of each of the final drive and 5th gear sets, the minimum economic order. Accordingly, an order has been placed with Hewland Engineering, the manufacturer of most of the originals. Hewland will make the gears to the original AC and Hewland drawings, which Hewland still hold.

The materials and specifications will be as close as possible to the 1976ish originals, utilising Hewland’s forgings or high-quality bar of the current equivalent material. Manufacture, heat treatment and quality control will benefit greatly from the considerable advances in Hewland's technology since the mid-1970s.

The Offer
   The ex-stock price is £690 for the final drive pair, and £640 for the 5th gear pair. These prices include VAT. There will be an additional charge at cost for postage and packaging, to be included with the final invoice. This will be issued when the gears are ready for delivery, currently expected to be before Christmas.

A discount is available to those members of the AC Owners’ Club who place an order before 31st October 2007. Details are in the October ACtion.

Hewland guarantee that the gear pairs will conform with AC's original drawings in respect of materials (noting the use of modern equivalent materials and production methods), dimensions/tolerances and heat treatment. Neither Hewland Engineering, Acedes Spares Ltd, nor the ACOC, can accept responsibility for any other aspect, either direct or consequential. This is a condition of sale to end users, the acceptance of which is implied in the placing of an order.

If you wish to take up this offer please forward a deposit of £100 per gear pair order, by cheque payable to Acedes Spares Ltd, and where appropriate your ACOC Membership number, to Clive Bowyer, Acedes Spares Co-ordinator, 162 Chesterton Road, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 1DA.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AC 3000ME - Manufacture of New Gears
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 20:32:59 »
Manufacture of 8 gear sets is now complete. 2 sets were rejected during Hewland's QC process.  5 sets have been pre-sold and Acedes Spares has 3 sets available for sale.