Author Topic: Cobra 427sc wing mirrors  (Read 2638 times)

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
Cobra 427sc wing mirrors
« on: September 23, 2007, 23:54:48 »
Hi, can anybody tell me the make/manufacturer of the wing mirrors on the below image?

IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd62/Superarnie/WolfeCobraNX5Z2226.jpg[/img]

Many thanks

Gary

jbottini

• View Profile
Cobra 427sc wing mirrors
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 13:09:58 »
Hard to tellfrom picture, but looks like "talbot" style mirrors painted black

TLegate

• View Profile
Cobra 427sc wing mirrors
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 15:06:18 »
Looks a little like the Vitaloni California mirror (popular the 70s but a beast to mount firmly if I recall - big old lump)

For this and much much more (unpaid plug) visit www.europaspares.com and click on the 'mirrors' link in the l/h column. More mirrors than you can handle, plus stems etc. I'd go for the lightweight one-bolt racing mirror....And check the 'cobra spars' section where you can buy the worlds best Cobra book :-)

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
Cobra 427sc wing mirrors
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 21:01:22 »
Thanks to you both for the information. I have the Europa Catalogue, infact I was at their business premises today exchanging some birthday presents my family had bought me which weren't quite right. I had a good look at their mirrors, they have a good choice of the 'bullet' type mirror but they didn't have any of the type in the picture. It's quite unusual, the lower edge is flattened and it seems to be 'fatter'laterally. I will do some research on the Vitaloni California see what comes up. Thanks again
   Gary
   PS.. Trevor- I already have your book!!

jbottini

• View Profile
Cobra 427sc wing mirrors
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 23:21:44 »
Trevor...that was a bare faced plug...shame!!!! Jim