Author Topic: ACOC Le Mans Classic 2018 6-8th July  (Read 6835 times)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
ACOC Le Mans Classic 2018 6-8th July
« on: April 01, 2018, 16:43:28 »
This years ACOC Le Mans Classic  is now Closed.

We booked 2 Chateau with a max of 21 Bedrooms, these are now all reserved.  Thank you for your support, Andy & I look forward to meeting you all in  Portsmouth on 5th July.

For those who have left it late, 

We still have 5 Brittany  Ferry Tickets available, departing Portsmouth  on Thursday 5th July at  22.45 hrs and arriving in Caen on Friday  6th July at 06.45. ( with Cabin )
Returning  Caen Monday 9th July at 16.30 hrs  and arriving in Portsmouth at 21.15hrs.    ..  ..  ..  Price £393.00 fro a car with two persons.
We also have available  surplus 10  x 3 day Dunlop Grandstand / Paddock and LMC Entry  ..  ..  .. Price  £120.00 each.
You will  have to book your own accommodation...   ;)

PLEASE NOTE:  These will be held for ACOC Club members and Friends for a few weeks , if not taken we will cancel them. Brittany Ferries will then resell at £450/£500 each as crossings for this event were fully booked some 9 /10 months ago.. ;)

The Dunlop and Panorama Grandstand tickets sold out within a few weeks of release last Summer.. ???

Those interested please contact either Andy Shepherd on  07736 671289 or me on 07809 225333
Alternatively :  shepherd289@aol.com   or   keith.lessiter@gmail.com 
. :)

Keith

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 16:49:00 by AC Ace Bristol »

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Re: ACOC Le Mans Classic 2018 6-8th July
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:29:40 »
Last Chance to Buy  Ferry Tickets  & Dunlop Grandstand Tickets for this years Le Mans Classic.

Have  2 Ferry Tickets left and some Grandstand tickets,  have to pay for the Ferry Tickets next week or Cancel before incuring loss of deposit,  Also
have to settle invoice for Grandstand tickets next week, Can reduce the number of tickets, so ACOC do not loose money... ;)

Sorry Accomodation full...

Last Chance Tuesday 17th April ....  Contact Andy Shepherd or me by phone or email... :) ;)

Keith

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 18:53:13 »
Hi Keith and all going to Château Grand Gaigné this w/e and need to find there way....

I realize there is a small error in the road instructions to Château Grand Gaigné. Don't take it personal, Keith  ;) ;)
Rue de la gare is not to be used as the rail road track crossing has long been closed.

Coming from Le Mans on "rue du Mans" D304 , we have to take sharp right onto D242 (rue de la Chapelle Saint Fray), cross the rail road over small bridge and immediately turn left into "rue de la Source", keep all the way right until the street plunges through the fields (see attached).

Safe journey and see you latest on Friday. We'll travel to LM on Thursday.
Constant

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 00:14:08 »

Constant.

Thank you for drawing my attention to error on route instructions to Chateau Grand Gaigne.

Thankfully error is not far from destination,  Have printed off amendment and will distribute to those staying at Chateau Grand Gaigne.

Drive Safe,  see you Friday 6th July.

Keith

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 09:30:10 »
The route to the circuit suggests you use the D92 - that number has apparently changed - the D92 is shown west of Paris on Google maps.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:01:49 »
The route to the circuit suggests you use the D92 - that number has apparently changed - the D92 is shown west of Paris on Google maps.

You are probably right in mentioning a number change.
D roads are Departmental, so there are plenty of D92s around France.
In Département de la Sarthe, a D92 exists on the South-East side of Le Mans between Ruaudin and Arnage.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:58:48 by MkIV Lux »

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 11:32:25 »
Ah - lots of D92s as well as changes!  I wasn't aware of the 'Departmental' class - thanks.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 14:36:37 »
Back from Le Mans late last night... after a fantastic but tiring w/e with 1.600 kms roundtrip, hot weather, lots of sunshine and all one needs to enjoy classic motor racing at its best.

Many thanks to Keith  :) and Andy  :) for having organized the Club's venue. It was good to see good friends back at the Friday night dinner and get to know new faces.

Spent 3 days at the LM track watching race preps, trials and races, Saturday even to late night, with AC Aces and Cobras performing very well.

I'll try to post a few pic later.

Constant (and nephew copilot André)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 18:22:21 »
Thanks to Andy and Keith for organising a great trip.