Author Topic: metalastic bushings for Ace removable differential housing  (Read 3568 times)

bex1151

• View Profile
Can anyone suggest a source for new metalastic bushings for a removal differential housing?  The bushings in the housing I have are very old and the rubber is very hard.  I would like to replace them before I re-install the housing.

Exowner

• View Profile
Re: metalastic bushings for Ace removable differential housing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:12 »
I thought Ace diffs didn't have any mounting bushes as the diff casing is part of the rear spring tower. Acecas, on the other hand, do. Brian Eacott should be able to help or point you in the right direction.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 10:29:25 »

Newbie ( Aka  RT?)

Having  spent a fair few hours this week  under BEX333 with Tony Byford assisting in installing a blooming heavy  rebuilt Diff  complete with Quaife Limited Slip,
I can definitely confirm it is solid mounted to the rear tower, Not a job one volunteers to do every day, even when  armed with a assortment of doctored and butchered spanners.   
 ( Cut ground reshapped )
As Glenn states  The differential housing is mounted on rubber  in the Aceca to give a more civilised ride in the tin top version of the open Ace.

RT  ..  ..  (Newbie?)  How is the rebuild coming on of BE1151 ?  Can you email a few up to date pictures to complement those I have before and after the serious accident when owned by  T F Byrnes..  Thanking you in Anticipation.  ;)

Cheers

Keith

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:03:09 by AC Ace Bristol »

bex1151

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 22:46:26 »
Glenn
I know the Ace is supposed to have a fixed differential, but my BEX1002 had the original differential removed and a rubber mounted Aceca diff installed when I bought it as a basket case in a bankruptcy sale.  I think the previous owner was trying to convert it to a Cobra before financial disaster struck.  So I'm now proceeding with checking the Aceca differential and finalizing the rear suspension rebuild.  Since I'm in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, can you help  me with contact information for Brian?

Keith
I have some before and in-progress photos of BEX1151.  I'll send them to your gmail address if that is okay.  Let me know.

Aloha   Terry

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 01:10:07 »
Terry

OOPPssssssssss    forgot you were also restoring BEX1002 but not aware that Aceca diff had been installed. ::)

Regards possible spare parts for the Aceca Differential case mounting suggest you try any of the following.

Brian Eacott ..  Tel/Fax  0044 (0) 208 397 8472  mobile  0044 (0) 7885 945 193  sorry but I haven't email address.
Steve Gray  ..  AC Heritage Ltd   Tel    0044 (0) 1932 828 545     mobile  0044 (0) 7860 912 217  www.acheritage.com
Andrew Mitchell  Mitchell motors Ltd    Tel  0044 (0) 1747 820 223     www.mitchellmotors.co.uk

Alternatively  Jim Feldman JWF Restorations Inc    +1 503 643 3225   jim@jwfrestorations.com

If negative fire me a email and I will have a word with others in UK.
Cheers for Now

Keith.lessiter@gmail .com

Keith

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:09:58 by AC Ace Bristol »

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 09:18:58 »
Terry

Spoke to Brian Eacott,   He has the correct    Metalastic Bushes  for the Aceca Differential casing in stock.

Cheers

Keith