Author Topic: "Car CF 12 where are you ?"  (Read 10713 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
"Car CF 12 where are you ?"
« on: September 05, 2007, 11:54:23 »
Does anyone remember the popular catchphrase "Car 54 where are you ?" from years ago ? Never did know where it came from, was it a TV programme....?

Anyway hope we get to hear all the exciting news and possible wants from the new owner of the ex Cyril Wicks gem soon ? The suspense is getting awful !! [:p]

cmaddox3

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 12:22:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

Does anyone remember the popular catchphrase "Car 54 where are you ?" from years ago ? Never did know where it came from, was it a TV programme....?

That would be the 1961-1963 US TV Program:
   http://imdb.com/title/tt0054528/

quote:
   [brAnyway hope we get to hear all the exciting news and possible wants from the new owner of the ex Cyril Wicks gem soon ? The suspense is getting awful !! [:p]

Agreed!

--  Chuck

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 12:59:17 »
Oh yes I remember watching the programme ! [:p] I really enjoyed the shorter of the two and his whole approach to every situation, and the taller guy who went on to play Frankenstein - who cares if I remember it all ! You're as old as you feel [:D] [:o)] And who remembers dear old Broderick Crawford and his drawled "10/4" !! And Bilko and his motor pool Jeeps.

I can't think of any offhand but surely there must be some TV programmes around that specifically included classic cars ? Especially comedy ones ?

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 16:03:41 »
Bonhams just told me that CF 12 was sold to a UK buyer.

cmaddox3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 16:40:04 »
quote:

Bonhams just told me that CF 12 was sold to a UK buyer.

Perhaps Bonhams could be persuaded to pass along a link to this forum to the new buyer?

--  Chuck

runt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 18:03:13 »
Classic cars.. well, 'The Sweeney' always used a stunts firm who had a healthy supply of S Type Jaguars; I found an eight year old one myself and lowering the rear tyre pressures did indeed suit my extrovert (20 years of age) driving style.. as long as the bearings, oil pump etc were ok; 40 psi, oil control rings shot so she drank a bit, but a strong lump; interior was a charming place to be, loved that car.

Paul.[8D]