Author Topic: MK IV SHOCKS  (Read 2473 times)

CMCCART

• View Profile
MK IV SHOCKS
« on: June 15, 2007, 17:18:58 »
The spax shocks on my '85 MK IV need replacement, any ideas on good street/track replacements?  I would also appreciate any information or drawings/specifications on placing a single loop (just over the driver's seat) roll bar with a rearward brace.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
MK IV SHOCKS
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 17:34:26 »
Have a look at the Redline website http://www.redlinepe.co.uk/html/home.html
   I think there is a series of photos showing a roll hoop being fitted to a MkIV in the restorations section.
   The bit I'm no keen on is the way the rear strut goes through the fuel tank. I have seen a roll hoop fitted to a couple of MkIV's at Thunder Road and you could always give them a call and talk it through.
   John.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
MK IV SHOCKS
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 18:39:27 »
You have to modify the tank. Not a nice work. No welder is happy to work on a used tank.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
MK IV SHOCKS
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 17:16:18 »
The most obvious shocks that come to my mind are the Edelbrock which are used on the stock Kirkham. They are relatively inexpensive and are quite good. They come stock with 600lbs springs rear and 400lbs front. I don't think the Konis' are available anymore. You next choice which is probably the best shock available for the Cobra is the Penske racing shock with remote reservoir. the last time I checked, they were about $2500 for the set. Stay away from Spax, JUNK JUNK JUNK. I bought a set for my 428 and one just broke when we lifted the car on the hoist. CMCCART, where are you in the US? I might be able to help you finding somebody for your tank!

Emmanuel

ak1234

• View Profile
MK IV SHOCKS
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 03:37:55 »
Your best bet in KONI ..for 300.00 each they will make you a shock to your spec's and or send them your shocks and they will spec out of set of KONI's to match ..just did this for my GR4 Pantera and they were 1200 for the set of four with springs and all.

Ron