Author Topic: ace water temp guage  (Read 2551 times)

alexG

• View Profile
ace water temp guage
« on: August 09, 2007, 23:00:47 »
anyone know of a supplier for older style capiliary guage - 1954 car - with original bezel - not cobra type. Thanks for any ideas!

aex125

• View Profile
ace water temp guage
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 15:55:14 »
Alex,
   I have a couple of extra gauges, but am unsure of the difference in the bezel. Can you tell me what should I be looking for and then I'll check to see what I have.
   Jay

alexG

• View Profile
ace water temp guage
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 22:13:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by aex125

Alex,
   I have a couple of extra gauges, but am unsure of the difference in the bezel. Can you tell me what should I be looking for and then I'll check to see what I have.
   Jay

Jay - thanks for contact. The older style has a slight slope to each side of the centre raised bit - something like a flattened pyramid. The newer slopes down to the glass, with the raised part on the outer edge. Hope that makes sense!

aex125

• View Profile
ace water temp guage
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 05:50:35 »
Alex,
   I finally had a chance to look at what I have and there is 1 water temp and 1 oil temp gauge. The bezel is the same on both and looks like an inverted V. I also have a Smiths Jaeger Fuel gauge that has a bezel that is straighjt up on the outside and then slopes inward to the glass. From your description I think the temp gauges have the bezel you are looking for and if you agree by description, I'll take a picture for you so you can confirm.
   Jay

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
ace water temp guage
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 08:53:25 »
Speedy Cables Can supply most Smiths, Lucas & Jaeger instruments & overhaul them in the UK         01639 732 213 ' www.speedycables.com '

Robin