Author Topic: ACOC Track Day at Castle Combe  (Read 4863 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ACOC Track Day at Castle Combe
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:12:02 »
Ian Bullen-Bell is organising a track day at Castle Combe on Monday 14 May 2018.  Online entries are open at:

https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07eeztquni35e38d71&oseq=&c=&ch=

Please note the static noise limit of 100dB.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:09:09 by administrator »

Nev

• View Profile
Re: ACOC Track Day at Castle Combe
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 23:17:00 »
Great, will check the diary and hopefully book in.

Ian BB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 22:25:55 »
Following the excellent Dinner at the Elverham hotel, I have been asked to confirm the noise limit for our track day at Castle Combe. (100 dBA.)

It will be a great day, with tuition on hand with very experienced instructors who can help those who have never driven on a race track before to helping the experienced improve their driving skills.

At the moment we have 28 Spaces avalible, However, if we don’t get any interest for the day within the next week more spaces will be released to the public, and maybe another car club.

If this year is successful we may have the opportunity to secure a test day in 2019 with a limit of 105dBA

Ian BB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 20:20:13 »
Sadly this event has now been cancelled,
Many thanks to those who have supported the idea in particular Terry who put together an excellent full page advert for the event.

Those who have already paid for the event please accept my apologies and I will ensure you have a full refund.

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 10:23:45 »
Any idea why?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 23:54:19 »
Plain & Simple

In response to  the numerous ACOC Members saying the Annual   ACOC GOODWOOD SPRINT  each November is too expensive especially for those
 who have to buy the kit..  ..  ..   Helmet, racing overalls, gloves . boots  and Sprint Licence.
Ian Bullen-Bell volunteered to organise a Track day at Castle Combe for Monday 14th May,  and the grand response to date was 4 definite and a few
subject to their Cars being ready. 

The ACOC cannot afford to pay out thousands of pounds if members who showed initial interest do  not commit and support

It is soul destroying, organising club events if not supported by enough members to make it self financing  and / or partially subsidised.   
Most events seem to be supported by the usual group  Rent- a Crowd. we really need more participation and New Blood
A big Thank You to Ian, Lets hope you pick up the gauntlet again  and try another date. ;)

Sorry Folks for the Rant, I will get off my Box, 

Oh !!   Before I do,  There are still 9 places left for this years Le Mans Classic,  (5th to 9th July )  We have 21 cars and 49 people
who have paid deposit.  to date. :)

Keith

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 23:58:24 by AC Ace Bristol »

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:59:42 »
Keith, thanks for the answer. I suspected as much. I wonder, did Ian test the waters via social media, the forum, Action etc before trying to arrange the test day. It's a pain when people say they would be interested, but when it comes to committing - it's another thing entirely!
Shame, I was intending to go along to watch those unfamiliar with Quarry having fun. I once did 60+ laps in the pouring rain during a test day in my old MGB (the one that used to thrash all the MEs at the Goodwood sprint all those years ago!).
Similar to Gooders, and about the same distance from me.
Is this a reflection of the decline in AC owner's willingness to take to the track???

Glenn Burnage

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 14:05:24 »
Well lets face it, the only AC's likely to go round a track day are the aces, cobras etc etc  and if they are already into going round and round then they will mainly have all the gear and do Goodwood etc. I wouldn't take my ol girl round as it not a race car. I do track days in my little rodster (not a spelling mistake) as it is suited to it, but would go to an AC one as there are many nearer me if I want to play.

G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.