Author Topic: Club Secretary  (Read 2499 times)

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
Club Secretary
« on: December 07, 2017, 17:59:39 »
I note the advert for a Club Secretary in Action and in Andy's reply in the lateness of Action posts.

It may be a good idea if the role of the Secretary was posted on the forum and in the next Action so members can consider it.

There is a general guide to the role of a club secretary on the website http://www.diycommitteeguide.org/resource/what-role-of-secretary covering  the code of good governance. that may be of some use.

However, any specifics for this club should be published. We would all also gain an insight to the work of the council members.

Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

shep

• View Profile
Club Secretary
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 23:14:29 »
Thanks Gary,

As you know, I have replied to your similar email comments which you sent to me direct. John Davison did a marvellous job, and organised the annual ACOC AGM, as well as taking minutes at all the monthly Council of Management meetings which he then circulated. He liaised with the MSA and advised on the implementation of their rules and regulations. He communicated with other Classic Car clubs and associations, and kept the Council up to date with the Club's legal responsibilities.

The Club is looking for a new Club Secretary, and any interested volunteers are most welcome to contact me by direct email, or by private message via this forum. Candidates will need to be members of the ACOC and would benefit from a knowledge of both the AC Marque, and Company/Club procedure.

Many thanks, Andy.