Author Topic: NEC stand.  (Read 16918 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 19:43:35 »
This Photo of Peter's gives a more accurate depiction of the weekend for all of us who manned the stand, including the ghostly, beheaded (unthanked, Andy![;)]) figure of myself!

Rob, it was interesting to see the job you have ahead, click on my name to email directly for image posting!

AC Ventura

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 22:13:16 »
I couldn’t make the show this year, but nothing wrong with that stand. Nice work guys.

ACOCArch

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 01:16:53 »
Spent a very interesting day at the NEC on Sunday. Of the 5 Halls, Hall 1 was by far the highest standard of presentation.  The ACOC stand therein, with four superb cars, some good quality artwork, decent floor covering, and a friendly welcome, was up there with the best.

It takes a huge amount of work, and considerable personal commitment in time and cost, to prepare and present a show stand. Huge thanks to Jeremy and Tony Witt for once again taking the lead and, with the car owners Bob Langley, John Norris,  Peter de Rousset Hall and Andy Shepherd, for representing the Club in excellent style.

Looking to the future, may I suggest 2019 will be a key year. Then, we will celebrate the ACOC's 70th Anniversary, the 120th Anniversary of the creation of Weller Bros, the 110th Anniversary of the Sociable - the first  passenger machine to bear the A-C name - and the 60th Anniversary of the Greyhound.

Any volunteers?

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 07:23:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by AE512

Constant, sorry if the tone of my post gave you the impression that I thought your comments were aimed at me. I know they weren't.
    I had been meaning to make a point of 'hidden' posters going against my view of how things should be done - for example - make suggestions, ask questions, question how things are done, point out inaccuracies, be controversial, but please don't hide behind a veil.
   Show your face and have the courage of your own convictions.
   If I had a say in the running of this forum, anonymous registering/posting would not be allowed.

Hi Glenn,
   All fine.
   Here we are on the same wavelength. Anonymous participation to the Forum should not be allowed.
   Cheers
   Constant

TTM

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 12:18:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by MkIV LuxAnonymous participation to the Forum should not be allowed.

Anonymous participation on an open public forum should be the default choice. I would not mind posting in my own name on a private forum (which could possibly be restricted to ACOC members only, but that's another debate).

In these days and ages, the protection of privacy is a point that I would expect relatively fluent users of the Internet to acknowledge without reservation.

nikbj68

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 21:46:26 »
Pedant. I would very much like assistance with the costs involved for me to be part of the team at the NEC, as I`m sure would the others whom I keep amused for hours on end, year after year bore with my tales of disastrous journeys to and from the NEC, rather than staying in the same hotel as they do!

I find it very hypocritical that you feel strongly that anonymous posts shouldn`t be allowed, but do so yourself! [V]
   Please be kind enough to indicate whether we should call you Tom, Dick or Harry.

shep

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 23:09:47 »
Sorry Nik, If you look at my post, I didn't thank myself either, so we are in an exclusive club of 2! Thanks belatedly for your help and sorry for the oversight. Andy

nikbj68

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 00:26:34 »
Tongue firmly in cheek! We had so many laughs over the weekend, the thanks are all mine!

marsh

• View Profile
Re: NEC stand.
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 16:52:03 »
Dear all,  I'm sorry for my lateness in coming to the table to share an external perspective on forum anonymity; I am currently a non member, who occasionally contributes to the forum when I have something of worth to share, as a long term 428 and Cobra enthusiast and newly joined Club member.

Outside of the ACOC I'm a member of The 289 Register and indeed a founding member of The Cobra Register too. Over the years, I have witnessed some highly disappointing conduct from non members (but forum contributors), of which many have chosen to hide behind a nickname, or indeed no name at all.  When embarking on the new forum for another club of which I am a member, our board took the decision to ask for people to use their given names , in the hope that this will drive more gentlemanly behaviour, underpinned by a policy of etiquette where any inappropriate conduct will result in forum threads being removed, or worse still, forum access taken away to those individuals in the belief that this will hopefully drive a happier online community.     

It is a great source of sadness to me that anonymous members criticise such an august body as the ACOC; it is such a well respected club in automotive circles with a genuinely incredible legacy of curating truly significant cars.  Driving and indeed maintaining momentum of any club is a constant challenge given the ratio of active to inactive members and I wish you well for the future, as you are custodians of real greatness that warrants respect.  As an aside, I thought the NEC stand looked great, by the way.

With my best regards,

Lee Marshall
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 17:31:52 by marsh »