Author Topic: NEC stand.  (Read 16907 times)

Exowner

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 17:12:29 »
sexist and exploitative?

Shamea2

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 17:55:25 »
Originally posted by AE512

sexist and exploitative?

Hope so!

Exowner

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 18:21:19 »
Nigel, I'd think twice before attending any feminist meetings, if I were you. If you're capable of having two consecutive thoughts without a rest in between, that is.

Shamea2

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 18:32:33 »

Nigel, I'd think twice before attending any feminist meetings, if I were you. If you're capable of of having two consecutive thoughts without a rest in between, that is

Point taken :)

AC Ventura

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 21:28:09 »
quote:

sexist and exploitative?

Fair observation Glenn, especially in today’s, take no prisoners, climate. I agree it is sexist, as one of the definitions of that is female stereotyping. Hoewever, exploitative? That would infer that these young women had some advantage taken of them, because of a situation they found themselves in. In my view, I think it highly unlikely that any of them would not be fully aware that they the purpose of their employment at the show,  would be to wear figure hugging outfits for the purpose of attracting a predominately male audience to visit the stand occupied by, or be made aware of Lancaster Insurance.
    Really if female models continue to willingly agree to appear like this, is to fair to blame the poor old bloke who instinctively casts an eye their direction? Is it not him that is being exploited by the far from unintentional exposure here?
    I do agree however that the concept of draping attractive girls over cars is outdated and a bit naff, although I realise that this pic was simply a bit of provocative fun.

nikbj68

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 22:07:26 »
   SIGH...
   [xx(]

shep

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 08:22:24 »
Many thanks to Tony and Jeremy Witt, Bob Langley, John Norris and Peter de Rousset Hall for representing the ACOC at the NEC again this year, all of whom gave their time COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE and attended at their own cost! This year's theme was the 35th anniversary of the MK IV Cobra hence the four cars on the stand. The chain link fence was at knee height and designed to reduce the risk of hoards of visitors from causing damage to the aluminium bodies. Anyone interested in the AC marque was encouraged to step over and talk on the stand. Regalia has never sold in sufficient volume to justify stocking and manning a shop on the stand, and is freely available via our ACOC Website and ACtion magazine. Volunteers are always welcome to staff the stand, and to provide cars for the display, and I will look forward to fresh help with the design, construction, staffing and content of future stands. For such a small club, I think the ACOC does a wonderful job, and I am sure the majority of members appreciate the efforts of the volunteers who make all the Club's events possible. Regarding Political Correct behavior on the stand, thank goodness that some of us have a sense of humour! Many thanks again to all those who helped make the NEC Show a success.

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 09:32:11 »
I enjoyed the voluptuous, shapely figures, full of curves and yet quite sleek oh and the girls where quite nice too. I do like Cobra's honest just get fed up with them being the centre of attention most of the time.
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

Rob

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 09:59:24 »
Having just purchased a Mk1V lightweight that needs some minor cosmetic reconstruction and being a new member to the club I visited the AC stand yesterday.
   I would like to say many thanks for the welcome,help and advise I was given by the guys on the stand.
   Keep up the good work.
   Maybe I should have exhibited my Mk1V in its current condition as I think it may have attracted some attention ????

Regards
   Robert

SB7019

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 13:52:53 »
Robert.

We all enjoyed meeting you yesterday.  Your car would certainly have received a lot of attention if it had been on display!!  Gods luck with the “minor”cosmetic work.  Look forward to seeing it  back on the road.

Exowner

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 15:01:08 »
Any more thoughts about Pedant's comments regarding the fact(?)that club stands bear the cost and the promoters take the profit from entry fee and suchlike (not sure about the parking though)?

(notice the '?' in parenthesis, this is because I'm assuming(dangerous) that Pedant is speaking with some authority)

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 15:58:07 »
Irrespective of the comment, I cannot accept the assumption that someone posting anonymously on the Forum would be "speaking with some authority".

Exowner

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 16:19:54 »
Constant, I have always thought that it should not be allowed to post if you are not prepared to be out in the open about exactly who you are. Otherwise any criticism is nothing more than petty sniping and trouble-making. I will admit that some of my posts cause controversy, but It's not my way to hide behind a pseudonym - I stand by what I've posted and will argue/debate my point with anyone.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 18:09:42 »
Glenn,
   My comment today at 15:58:07 was not aimed at you ... but at Pedant (about whom you assume he is speaking with some authority).

You are perfectly identifiable.

Exowner

• View Profile
NEC stand.
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 19:12:35 »
Constant, sorry if the tone of my post gave you the impression that I thought your comments were aimed at me. I know they weren't.
    I had been meaning to make a point of 'hidden' posters going against my view of how things should be done - for example - make suggestions, ask questions, question how things are done, point out inaccuracies, be controversial, but please don't hide behind a veil.
   Show your face and have the courage of your own convictions.
   If I had a say in the running of this forum, anonymous registering/posting would not be allowed.