Author Topic: BEX 240 delivered to new owner  (Read 2284 times)

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
BEX 240 delivered to new owner
« on: October 29, 2017, 22:36:13 »
The Eagle has landed.
   Car here safe and sound.
   Thank you. Do not ever hesitate to use me as a reference. I am delighted
   I have now established, with a little help from my friends, W. J. Thompson seemed to import random cars as well as being heavily into the gee gee's
   He bought 3 in Dec 56. This one went to a Don Zink. BIG name in Oklahoma oil. He had it raced three times the sold it to W (Bill) Steele who was, we think, cousin. The founder of the Zinc dynasty was John Steele Zink. John Zink also sponsored several Indy racers in the '50's
   Steele used the car racing under '77' or '7' ( as witnessed by a quick forensic on the cars paint) and, we believe, changed the colour. He came second in the champs that year to Pierre Mion, who I have chatted to!, then sold it on to a Dr Whitehead. Thence to a Mr Lindheim who just stored it and thence to Mr Hurst.
   It's in great, if slightly modified, shape and I'm on it!!!!  Ernie Warrender
   [/URL][/img]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 01:29:59 »

Ernie

Welcome to custodianship of the well campaigned Ace Bristol BEX240. [:)]

Any chance of trailering it over to the ACOC Sprint at GoodWood on Saturday 4th November..[?]
   Should you require parts or assistance with rebuild there are many Club  Members who will readily help.
   Tim Isles the ACOC Ace Bristol registrar can help with  confirming authenticity once he has carried out full  inspection  of BEX240  to
   help get  UK road registration with DVLA .[;)]

Keith

Jim A

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 16:19:12 »
Is it possible that they strapped it to the trailer across the fenders?