Author Topic: Ace wanted for Classic Car magazine article  (Read 2414 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Ace wanted for Classic Car magazine article
« on: October 26, 2017, 13:39:02 »
The club has been contacted by a motoring journalist commissioned to write an Ace Ace feature for Classic Car magazine's The List. This is the magazine’s opener in which we place a reader behind the wheel of one of their all-time dream cars.
   It would be essentially be a short test drive under the owner's supervision, with the photography element attached. In all it’d take around 2-3 hours to complete and actual driving time can be as short as 20-30 minutes. The magazine is even prepared to hire a private test track such as Chobham if the owner is concerned about having their car on public roads
    The car would of course be covered comprehensively at an agreed value by Bauer Media’s insurance underwriter.
   Please let me know if you are interested / able to help or would like to talk with the journalist to know more.

antashton

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 19:48:10 »
If Classic Car are still looking for an Ace I would be more than happy to lend them mine which is  a 1958 Ace Bristol. My contact details are tel no 07909541877 and email address antashton@aol.com.I live with the car in Wimbledon.
   Many thanks
   Anthony Ashton

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 13:15:17 »
Thank you Anthony I appreciate your kind offer. The magazine has recently contacted me to say they have now found a car for the article. But I will keep you in mind for future requests if that's OK with you.
   Thanks again - John.

antashton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 18:13:08 »
Thanks John. That's fine. Looking forward to reading the article.
   Anthony