Author Topic: BUY 310  (Read 2799 times)

malcolm jones

• View Profile
BUY 310
« on: October 21, 2017, 18:37:14 »
Hello everyone,
   sorry I haven't an AC, but my wife is a carer and seeing a VSCC newsletter at a client's house, started discussing cars. His mother, Fay Robinson was given an AC by Stanley Moss in circa 1950, which she owned for approx 6 years- not bad for a first car!
   From the photo and recollections it was a 1934 AC, registration no. BUY 310, known as "Blue Beard", a light blue 2 door, 4 seater convertible bodied car.
   Does anyone know if it still exists, and of it's subsequent history?
   Thanks for any information you may have, and hoping it has escaped the ravages of the dreaded MoT test and breakers yard.
   Regards,
   Malcolm

BE774

• View Profile
BUY 310
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 20:29:22 »
Hello Malcolm, thanks for posting your enquiry.

I have had a quick look at the register of cars and cannot find a pre-war car with that registration. The factory register did not always record the original registration number, or indeed the original registration number may have been changed and if the car still exists today it may have a yet different registration number now. The government MOT history checker website does not recognise the number currently.

BUY310 is a Worcestershire number I think, whereabouts did the ownership take place? If you could private message me (click on my name on the left hand side of this message) with a copy of the photo I can pass it on to the registrar to see if it rings any bells. Graham.
Barbara

BE774

• View Profile
BUY 310
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 17:33:24 »
Good news: by a process of elimination the pre-war registrar has identified the vehicle as four seat tourer L245.

The less-good news: the ACOC has no knowledge of its existence or ownership since it was ex-works. But it may still be out there.
Barbara