Author Topic: Solex Carb Tuning  (Read 11053 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Solex Carb Tuning
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 10:15:53 »
The period instructions kindly provided by Keith Lessiter on the Solex carb are now on the Ace, Aceca and Greyhound Articles pages in the Members' Section.

pls01

• View Profile
Solex Carb Tuning
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 14:27:21 »
I must be missing something.  I logged in as a member, but can't find the Articles pages.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
Solex Carb Tuning
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 23:26:33 »
Peter,

After logging in choose "Model Directory" in the left hand menu, then from the dropdown list "Please Select Model" choose "Ace". After that on the right hand side of the screen you will see Intro >> Pictures >> and Articles >> of which you choose the last option. Then it's the article at the bottom of the list "Solex Carburettor Service". [Click here] and it downloads and opens in PDF format. Enjoy.
   Thanks a lot for your most interesting article on rebuilding the Bristol engine in ACtion.

Jerry

pls01

• View Profile
Solex Carb Tuning
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 14:02:30 »
Jerry,
   Thanks very much for the directions.  I found the article.  It's the same section of my Bristol shop manual.

Check out the last paragraph on page 36.  It describes making the center carb rich and the end carbs lean.  I have no idea why this should work.  I tried it and it does not seem to work on my car.

Hope the article helps other members with their rebuilds.

Thanks again
   Peter