Author Topic: Oil pan for a 302ci - Advice needed  (Read 4936 times)

cobra06FR

• View Profile
Oil pan for a 302ci - Advice needed
« on: October 12, 2017, 22:36:45 »
Dear All,
   On my Autokraft AC MKIV I have a 302ci converted SVO. The current oil pan is a 5 quarts volume and I would like to increase the size of this oil pan to 7 or 8 quarts
   Has  anyone done that before and if yes, what oil pan brand/reference did you install.
   Many thanks for your advice.
   Best Regards
   Cobra06FR
Many thanks
Best Regards
L

AC Ventura

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 14:34:21 »
The 302 has a double hump pan, as a crossmember runs under the centre of it. I've not done what you anticipate, but there will be one here of increased capacity

https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/part-type/oil-pans/make/ford/engine-size/5-0l-302/engine-family/engine-family?N=4294951399&retaillocation=int

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 15:34:40 »
Hi Laurent,
   Nice to see that you can now write about "your" AC MkIV. Just for my understanding, what are you after: - better cooling? - longer oil change intervals?
   Cheers
   Constant

cobra06FR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 20:10:01 »
Hi MkIV Lux,
   Yes I now have had the car for 2 weeks, and have already done almost 1000 km. Works really well. Very different from my Backdraft replica though.

About the oil pan, the previous owner mentionne dthat he felt the volume of oil (5L) was not enough. I raised the question with my mechanician and he also agreed that a 7L oil pan would be much better. However, as the cahssis of the car pases just under the oil pan, I wondered if someone had changed it already and could advice of a model that fitted the car chassis. I don't want to uy one the does not fit.

On a similar note, I wonder if you have chaged your igition distributor laready. Usually to avoid getting stuck on the road, I have few parts in the boot of the car. The ignition coil is one (I found it) and the ignition distributor is th eother one.In this case I cannot find it - the reference is motorcraft E5ZE 12127. Do you have an idea where I coul dfind it ?
   Thanks and looking forward meeting you.
   BR
   L
Many thanks
Best Regards
L

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 04:37:57 »
Try Aviaid sumps, if they don't have something off the shelf, they can do a custom sump

http://aviaid.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/ws_oilpns_sbf.html
   Email: stephanie.aviaid@aol.com

*In no way related to this business. I have fitted one of their Cobra sumps and am very happy with the service and result

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 08:36:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobra06FR

Hi MkIV Lux,
   Yes I now have had the car for 2 weeks, and have already done almost 1000 km. Works really well. .............

On a similar note, I wonder if you have chaged your igition distributor laready. Usually to avoid getting stuck on the road, I have few parts in the boot of the car. The ignition coil is one (I found it) and the ignition distributor is th eother one.In this case I cannot find it - the reference is motorcraft E5ZE 12127. Do you have an idea where I coul dfind it ?

Thanks and looking forward meeting you.
   BR
   L

Hi Laurent,
   I'm glad you enjoy your new mount [:)]

For the distributor and coil: no I don't carry a spare. Never had any problems.
   Quick google check on the part number: how about this?
   http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Distributor-for-Ford-5-0-302-Mustang-GT-1986-1993-/181729603933?fits=Model%3AMustang

Meeting you with your new toy would have to be somewhere in the middle of France or on the route Napoleon ... as we are some 1000 kms apart. No challenge for a MkIV [:)]
   Cheers
   Constant

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 19:00:01 »
Hi Laurent, I have a Moroso 7qt kicked out and baffled sump on my Superblower. If memory serves me right the part number was 20502??
   Regards
   Gary

cobra06FR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 20:52:53 »
Many thanks Gary,
   Very usefull. I'll look for this one.
   BR
   Laurent
Many thanks
Best Regards
L

westcott

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 11:35:40 »
Hi Laurent,

I have a 7 qt Canton Road Race T-Pan rear sump on my 331. It is baffled, kicked out and has trap doors around the pickup, here is the link:

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=15-644

On my former Clevelands I used Moroso products, can recommend both companies.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!