Author Topic: AC 289 video  (Read 18197 times)

TLegate

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 19:20:55 »
The reference was to 'pints' and methinks that them there is more than just a pint....unless I'm very much mistaken. Anyway, let's not be too hasty (and you send too much time trawling the intranetty...) Whatever, I'll drink to that.

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 20:37:45 »
Jim,

Did Trevor just disparage that photo of our wives drinking Spaten?

jbottini

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 22:48:44 »
I can't remember...who is the third one???

TLegate

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 22:57:00 »
My compiments to your Missis - she scrubs up well. And those are some serious cups - err, jugs - no I mean...oh never mind.

jbottini

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 23:07:51 »
T.L.  is the third one yours by chance?  Perhaps it is Emmanuelds'  (hahaha)JB

TLegate

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 11:31:42 »
Sadly I cannot claim ownership to any of the above (officially), but I am due to go to Germany next month so check here for a full report on my in-depth research (with or without road tests) Cheers!

cobham cobra

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 11:31:48 »
Dear Czar,
   Can someone please explain to me how an innocent comment about appropriate colours for our cars (blue is second best BTW) has morphed into a Readers Wives Forum ? Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm complaining, it's just the thought of future discussions about bodywork, bulging arches, handling techniques and the modifications by previous owners. Then there is also the question of should one restore and improve or keep originality and patina ? What are the benefits of independent suspension. Will there be test drives and comparative performance data not to mention cost of ownership and trade-in values. I'm assuming the owners of SuperBlowers would have their own section?

Are those the footsteps of the administrator I hear in the distance ?

Classicus

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 12:01:31 »
Agreed overall but a huge lol ! [:D] [:D] I'd only got as far as MOT's never mind pre-war and the rest....[:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 22:51:27 »
Dear Cobham
   Fear not, these light-hearted exchanges are not to be ever taken seriously. Diverting the course of a topic is a joyous discourse, much practiced on the ClubCobra webby-site, invariably with hilarious, not to say surreal, consequences. Tis but a harmless diversion from the traditional British tradition of discussing the weather (and what a lot we have!) or four-wheeled diversions and the unexpected arrival of such winsome images can only brighten our day, as I am sure you will agree. As the Czar of this gaff, I fear not the wrath of the Administrator, nor the opinions of the owners of the said SuperBlowers who are happy in their world of leaf-gathering fetishism (we are talking about garden implements here??)

So we're decided then - all future Cobras to be painted black with blue stripes, so everyone will be happy. Good show.

SB7019

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 02:22:28 »
Can we also have blue with black stripes?

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 02:51:05 »
All hail the Great and Powerful Czar!!!!!!!!!

Transmission complete..............

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 04:27:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

I can't remember...who is the third one???

The one we share odd weeks........

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 04:28:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

Dear Czar,
   Can someone please explain to me how an innocent comment about appropriate colours for our cars (blue is second best BTW) has morphed into a Readers Wives Forum ? Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm complaining, it's just the thought of future discussions about bodywork, bulging arches, handling techniques and the modifications by previous owners. Then there is also the question of should one restore and improve or keep originality and patina ? What are the benefits of independent suspension. Will there be test drives and comparative performance data not to mention cost of ownership and trade-in values. I'm assuming the owners of SuperBlowers would have their own section?

Are those the footsteps of the administrator I hear in the distance ?

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 04:32:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

Dear Czar,
   Can someone please explain to me how an innocent comment about appropriate colours for our cars (blue is second best BTW) has morphed into a Readers Wives Forum ?

As Leslie Gore sang "It's my thread and I'll post if I want to, post if I want, post if I want to, you would post too, if it treaded to you!!!!"

I am only following the orders of Czar Trevor the First!!!!!

[:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
AC 289 video
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 10:58:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by SB7019

Can we also have blue with black stripes?

I knew it - no sooner do I hand down my Merciful Judgement than the proletariat are calling it into question. Such abuse of my authority cannot be tolerated. Get into line..... :-)