Author Topic: John Davison  (Read 5070 times)

shep

• View Profile
John Davison
« on: September 30, 2017, 22:43:15 »
Sadly I received the news that our Hon Sec John Davison passed away on Thursday morning following a battle with cancer. His health had declined quickly since June and although a shock to many of his friends, his death was expected by his close family. John was such a lovely person to work with and will be sadly missed. I have so many memories of his complete capability, whether it be organising the Club's AGM, or setting up the timing equipment for the Goodwood Sprint, he always covered every detail in his inimitable calm manner. He brought so much knowledge and enthusiasm to our Club. With the ACOC Membership, my thoughts and sympathies are extended to John's family.

C9OBY

• View Profile
John Davison
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 23:20:30 »
Thanks for letting us know Andy, sad news indeed. I spoke with John a little over a month ago and, despite being unwell, he was (as always) only too happy to do whatever he could to help. I will certainly miss his company at the sprint - he was always an absolute pleasure to spend time with and I join you in wishing his family all the best at this time.

shep

• View Profile
John Davison
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 01:26:00 »
Thanks Bruce, On the administrative side, do we need to engage someone to do the timing at the Sprint? BTW I will be running and will also get Ted and Murray to enter. The only question is which cars will be in working condition on the day! I will certainly miss John and his valuable help and advice, he was a super person and a hard act to follow.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
John Davison
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 10:58:45 »
   Only asked after Johns health on Thursday evening whilst at the ACOC Council Meeting, Then received email of the sad News from John's brother Geoffrey that John  passed way early Thursday morning.

John was a great ambassador for the ACOC, Vintage motoring and motorsport, freely giving his time ,valuable contact's and knowledge.
   He will be greatly missed by us all,  My deepest condolences to John's Family.

Keith

shep

• View Profile
John Davison
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 00:13:36 »
Message from Geoffrey, John's brother.

Dear Andy,

As spoken this morning, the funeral arrangements for John Davison have finally been confirmed.

On Friday 27th October, at 12.30pm there will be a service at St. Peter's Church, Goodworth Clatford, Andover SP11 7HL. This church is just 300 metres along the road from John's house. Those not attending the cremation are invited to tea/coffee at the Royal Oak, Goodworth Clatford; close friends and family will proceed to Basingstoke Crematorium for the cremation at 2.00pm and then re-join others at the Royal Oak for sandwiches and other refreshments.

Please do share this information with anyone who might wish to attend.

Regards
   Geoff

shep

• View Profile
John Davison
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 00:16:09 »
If any members are planning to attend, please let me know on this thread, so Geoff has some idea of numbers for catering.

Many thanks, Andy.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: John Davison
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 10:07:02 »
John's cars are to be auctioned by Bonhams at the Goodwood Members' Meeting Sale on Sunday 18 March: Royal, 2-4-6, Ace and 3000ME.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: John Davison
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 10:14:13 »
Royal:  £7820
2-4-6:  £39675
Ace: £204220
3000ME: £15180

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24874/?category=results#/aa0=1&w0=results&m0=0