Author Topic: Anyone have a left side door for an Ace?  (Read 5180 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Anyone have a left side door for an Ace?
« on: September 20, 2017, 01:08:43 »
As you may know, I crunched the left side door on my Ace. As a possible 'temporary' fix (possibly permanent), I'm wondering if anyone has a left side door from an old abandoned project? Or for the metal workers out there, does anyone have the jigs to make the door frame, and then can also supply a skin that can be rolled and mounted here (US) to get the correct fitment?
Peter B.

AEX_Weller

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 19:54:40 »
I was unsuccessful in emailing you through the forum here.  I have a LHS door from an Ace that's off the road for an extended period.  Although I wouldn't want to permanently separate it from the car, we could look at a loan period that would allow you to have it duplicated, or something along those lines.

Please send me an email with your contact information via the board at your convenience.  Thanks.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 03:39:00 »
Email sent!.
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Re: Anyone have a left side door for an Ace?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 14:30:56 »
I was unsuccessful in emailing you through the forum here.  I have a LHS door from an Ace that's off the road for an extended period.  Although I wouldn't want to permanently separate it from the car, we could look at a loan period that would allow you to have it duplicated, or something along those lines.

Please send me an email with your contact information via the board at your convenience.  Thanks.

Peter.

Long time no hear, reference N/S replacement door plus new coat of paint and.. and .. all those little jobs you intended to do last year.

Just received May issue of ACtion and note AEX127 is looking resplendent in its new paint,   
Welcome back to AC motoring ,  Enjoy exercising  AEX127.   ;)

Keith..

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 15:43:34 »
Hi Keith - My car is in ACtion? How'd it get there? Can someone scan the page and send it to me? I don't get the magazine any more! Anyway, just picked up the car last week. Still waiting on the grill to come back from the chromer, but the rest of the car looks good, and glad to have it back almost 1 year later. Also had a few things sorted out like the leaking steering box, had new carpets made, overriders rechromed, etc.

Here's a few pictures back in my garage!

Peter B.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 18:08:31 »
You have a big TV in your garage? Wow  ;)

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 18:27:54 »
Of course, doesn't everybody?? ::) A friend gave me his 80" when he upgraded to an 88"!
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 23:10:34 »

Peter

Over all these years  of correspondence,  I thought you were a ACOC Member. 

Will not break the bank, to join / rejoin.      really easy on Paypal... ;)

AEX127 looking better than new.  Great to see it back on the road... :)

Keith

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 00:47:59 »
Kieth. I think my membership lapsed this year - I mainly just forgot about renewing it. Joined originally back on 1998 I think, when I got AEX127. Still don't know who sent in info on my car for publication!
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 06:58:35 »

Peter

Acknowledgment credited to ACOC member Steve Fox who is currently restoring a Triumph TR6 which is / was being worked on by the same body shop.

Best bet have a word with your body shop and /or contact Terry Webb our" ACtion" magazine   Editor... ;)

Cheers

Keith.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 16:41:13 »
Just renewed!
Peter B.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 22:53:00 »
Grill back from rechomer and reassembled, looks great! Reinstalled in the car (which was quite a job), and AEX127 is now back home and ready for the road 14 months after my little mishap! Time to get it back out on the road as it was meant.

Peter B.