AC Owners Club Forum > Mk IV, Superblower, CRS and other Continuation Cars Forum

Looking for MKIV expert advice

(1/5) > >>

cobra06FR:
Hi All,
   I am new on this forum. I live on the sunny south part of France and I dream finding an AC MK IV autokraft from 1987 or earlier.
   I recently spotted an AK in Germany, from 1986. The car has a valid german registration. However the car does not have a VIN plate and is referred to through its AK number on alll official papers and not through its VIN  like if it never received a VIN.

Could anyone on this forum help me understand this AK-VIN business i.e. why some AC MKVI autokraft seems not to have any VIN ? any chance I can find the missing VIN somehow for this german AC MKIV Autokraft ?

The reason for which I am desperately trying to sort this VIN problem out, is because I will not be able to get the car registered in France without the VIN

So if anyone was able to give me some advice on that, I would very much appreciate.
   Many thanks in advance
   Cobra06FR

dkp_cobra:
Hi Laurent,

I have a 1984 MK IV legally registrated in Germany and I only have the AK number. I think the AK number is the VIN number but it has not the "standard" form of 17 characters, just 6 (= AKxxxx). The euopean VIN was introduced 1981. Germany has used this guidelines 1984. So I don't know why a 1986 MK IV has not the 17 characters VIN.

Kind regards,

Peter

MkIV Lux:
Hello Laurent,
   I sent you a mail.
   Constant

MkIV Lux:
Laurent,
   Have you checked the existence of a proper 17 digit VIN hammered into the front cross brace linking the suspension points?
   Constant

cobra06FR:
Many Thanks MKIV Lux and dkp-cobra, for you feed-back.
   I Will continue to direct thé German  mechaniker to try and find the number in the car, but I suspect that I am in the same situation as you dkp-cobra - I.e only AKxxxx.

The stupidity of the French administration is that they won't just accept this cold hammered number.

I have also followed up MKIV Lux advise and have mailed the AC company in UK to try and get the number or a certification for the car-
   I keep my fingers crossed for the moment

I'll keep you posted
   Laurent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version