Author Topic: ACOC Goodwood Sprint 4th November 2017  (Read 20759 times)

Exowner

• View Profile
ACOC Goodwood Sprint 4th November 2017
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 12:13:28 »
And MSA approved gloves.

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by CRS28

perhaps if road going cobras were allowed you might get more entrants

Any road-going car is eligible as long as it remains unmodified from date of registration, notably safety equipment. This includes headrests and safety belts, as all MKIV and CRS Cobras had these fitted in order to comply with road regulations at the time. Once removed you either need to replace the originals, or fit an equivalent 'solution' which will be inspected by the scrutineers before the event starts.

Our event is governed by the MSA and hence the scruitineers are required to comply fully with all relevant rules and regulations. Should an accident occur and a car that had been through scrutineering was found not to be compliant, all hell would break loose and we, as the organisers, would have to deal with the fallout.

It is not too late for you to investigate a solution to the issues raised with regards to your vehicle and there are a number of people who would be willing to help if you ask for it.

We always aim to run a fun and inclusive event, but safety always comes first.

crs28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 16:46:14 »
The email from the chief scrutineer states, and I quote :

"A head restraint is mandatory - see S 10.1.13 on page 343 of the Blue Book" most CRS's don't. Mine does not.

"The roll bar should be 5cm above the top of your helmet" the CRS does not without modification or driven by a dwarf.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 08:52:19 »
Ah. See your problem there. Common solution is a head pad mounted in the roll hoop, but the height issue is a bummer. Sorry.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 11:02:18 »
The weather forecast points promissingly into the direction of a sunny w/e ...
   .. but it changes daily ...

Morgy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 10:31:32 »
Any road-going car is eligible as long as it remains unmodified from date of registration...

That's 99% of AC's out the window then, ;-)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 11:26:45 »
Unfortunately not - at the least, you need a catch tank, external throttle return spring, yellow band on the battery earth lead and a fire extinguisher.  The issues with the CRS were news to me but were raised with Simon's car at Shelsley Walsh.

ted

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 17:24:46 »
2 young whippersnapper (does 28 still count?) entries on their way to you Bruce. Murray is on good form after a weekends racing at Donington a few weeks ago. My last motor sport entry was ACOC Sprint 2016 :(

Looking forward to the sprint and hoping for dry!

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 23:32:34 »
Excellent news Ted, having you youngsters (!) back will be good fun to watch. In 2014 you pipped Murray by a 1.06 seconds and in 2015 he reversed the order by 4.11 seconds... who'll take the line first this year?!

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 12:28:10 »
Hi all, please note that I've just emailed out the Final Instructions plus the Provisional Grid to all competitors and officials.

For anyone not competing, please feel free to come down to Goodwood next weekend to spectate. At present the forecast looks dry (!) with light cloud, perfect for a Sprint!

Entry is free for all spectators, who enjoy full access to the paddock, pit wall and viewing areas around the circuit. Drinks and food are available throughout the day from Goodwood's paddock-side cafe. For AC members arriving in an AC, please feel free to park your car in any of the paddock bays numbered 70 or greater.

Officials and competitors begin arriving from 8am onward, with timed laps beginning at around 9.45am.  We'll break for lunch at around 12ish for an hour, followed by further timed laps. We typically wrap up on-track action at around 3.15 ahead of the prize giving ahead of 4pm departures.

See you next Saturday!

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 08:20:12 »
A big thank you to all of our competitors, marshals, officials and spectators for another fabulous event. Everyone had a fantastic time, with the usual mix of interesting vehicles and even more interesting individuals!

Greeted my a wet track (after 3 weeks of no rain, how frustrating!) we were nonetheless all glad to be at Goodwood. We set about getting drivers signed on, the pit and track crews briefed and drivers warmed with tea & coffee. We were soon up and running, starting with the traditional parade lap behind Mike Smith's AC Buckland.

Practice runs began soon thereafter, with a paddock full of running engines, chatting drivers, busy pit crews and meandering spectators....

[more to follow... watch this space!]

The marshals are getting younger each year (or are we getting older?!)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 08:43:56 »
Many thanks to Bruce, Mike, Mike and family, Michael (!) and the rest of the team for making another very special day.  The damp track gave a few 'moments' but no damage was done and the wonderful ACOC Sprint atmosphere continues.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 09:29:21 »
   Bruce and Team.

Thank you for organising and running  yet another Great ACOC GoodWood Sprint,  Really appreciated and enjoyed by all those competing, Marshalling and Spectating,
   Smiles all round.  Bloody wet and slippery in the morning  and dried out for some good times in the afternoon.
   My slowest time ever in the morning, I reckon Aisling my 7 year old Grand Daughter would have  given me a run for the money in her J40 pedal car, I will never be a
   competitive racing driver but the camaraderie and social side of the ACOC GoodWood Sprint puts a smile on my face,  enjoyed the whole day.
   Nice to hear Bruce confirm that GoodWood Circuit to be booked for next year, Lets hope we have more AC's and  interesting eclectic mix of cars next year.

Well done to all those who organised, run and supported this years GoodWood Sprint.[;)]

Last but not least, thank you to all those who not only laughed but  helped when I returned to my modern to learn that leaving the car unlocked all day with keys,clothes
   and valuables inside  it decides to lock you out,  Charlie from the RAC arrived within 35 minutes and used his special set of safe breaking /car entering keys
   to open my car without any damage, then stayed on to admire all the cars in the paddock.[:)]

Seriously a Great event , Well done Bruce  & Team.[:)]

see you all  next year.

Keith

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 18:02:45 »

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 19:51:12 »
Youtube vid of the parade lap coming through the S's, giving you a chance to see most of the entrants. A little wet... but thankfully no more rain fell and the track began drying out.

https://youtu.be/sq1FIsS71FA