Author Topic: ACOC Goodwood Sprint 4th November 2017  (Read 20730 times)

C9OBY

• View Profile
ACOC Goodwood Sprint 4th November 2017
« on: September 06, 2017, 18:10:11 »
The AC Owners’ Club is once again very pleased to invite you to join us at this year’s AC Owners’ Club Clubman’s Sprint Meeting, to be held at Goodwood Motor Circuit on Saturday 4th November. The event will continue the format of previous years, with a number of different AC and non-AC classes competing under MSA Sprint rules and regulations.

We would love to ensure that we once again we have a full complement of AC members in AC cars competing in what promises to be another fun, exciting event. Of course, AC owners are also able to support the event in a non-AC car if they don't wish to dirty their pride and joy or if their beloved AC is currently off the road.

Entry forms have today been emailed out to all past competitors. To obtain an entry form and event information pack, please contact Bruce Claassen (Secretary of the Meeting) at bruce_claassen@hotmail.com or on 07958 570 718. Please note that entries close on Friday 27th October, being 1 week ahead of the Sprint.

For anyone interested in coming along to watch, please do join us! Spectator entry is free and you will have full access to the paddock and circuit and are free to look over the cars and chat with our competitors. People start gathering from around 8.30am onwards and festivities tend to wrap up at around 3.30/4pm following the prize ceremony. You do not need to be a member to attend, hence please feel free to invite your friends and family too. Food and drinks are available at the circuit and in nearby country pubs - an ideal way to spend a day out.

As always, your support is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at Goodwood!

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 17:56:41 »
I wont be there this year Bruce , now Im living up in Scotland

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:24:26 »
Sorry to hear that Aaron, I'll make sure to add a few extra pics to my post-event upload for you to see.

SB7015

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 02:04:56 »
We are looking forward to another superbly organised great Sprint day driving this fantastic historic Goodwood Circuit venue. Come see what fun we all have and watch the proceedings and excitement build on the day.
   See you there Sarah & Malcolm [:D]

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 22:57:31 »
Thank you to all of you who've already sent me your entry forms.

To everyone else (and with 5 weeks until entries close) I'm hoping that you're in the process of dusting down your overalls and close to popping your entries in the post!

SB7015

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 00:35:53 »
More ACOC members are needed to participate and support the ACOC Clubman Sprint. Are there any ACOC members who need assistance? Will any members contact Bruce Claassen who are thinking of entering and supporting the ACOC Clubman Sprint event to be held on Saturday 4 November at the former Classic Goodwood Grand Prix Circuit. Every entry will help this event succeed. Encouragement for additional competitors outside of ACOC can always join ACOC to participate at such a world class venue.

Has the younger element of the ACOC membership no interest in such a fantastic sporting and competitive event opportunities?

What remaining Classic Grand Prix Circuits allow you drive in a Club Sprint event on a Saturday where the world's greatest drivers have battled.

These opportunities should be grasped with both hands.

Please plan to join the entry in any car or even consider using your modern fast road car to enjoy our Clubs only remaining competative event.

Malcolm [:D]

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 00:27:17 »
I'd like to,  but have not been able to do the necesary's to be compliant for the regs, both car and kit in time, so  I hope to come along again with the Ace  to spectate.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 10:45:49 »
   Bruce

Entry Form  plus cheque in post, will sprint  BEX333 in Class 6 this year not Barry's Lotus Twin Cam Anglia.
   So PLEASE have a few words with him upstairs for warm dry conditions this year,  GoodWood is not the most hospitable place in the Rain.
   Malcolm & Sarah are you entering two Lotus or one Lotus and a Cobra ?

Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying yet another great ACOC GoodWood Sprint,  Long may it continue,  as Malcolm expressed
   in earlier post ,  we need a full entry in order to keep this
   event alive.[:)]
   So many Clubs would jump at the opportunity to secure a date at GoodWood, they are few and far between.  No pressure then, simply enter and enjoy or at least turn up and enjoy by spectating and / or marshalling...[;)]

Cheers for Now

Keith

SB7015

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 23:28:06 »
Well done Keith.
   Great to see there are still one ACOC members who has a MSA National B or National A Licence to compete. Have we no Mk IV Cobra Licence Holder’s? Where are the younger members of our Club. Sarah & I attended the last Historic Lotus Register dinner held earlier this year for the Lotus Elite 60th Anniversary and we were nearly the youngest there!!! Can’t we generate a spark of enthusiasm or support for our only remaining competative Club event?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 17:18:25 »
   Malcolm.

I am one of the younger members,  I have no intention of ever growing up....  Growing older gracefully.  Yes!!
   Seriously, we have a few members who have / are posting entries this weekend. e.g.  Andy Shepherd in his MK1V ( Ace Bristol ? Engine still with  Steve Stanton) and Bryan Moseley in his ME3000.
   Consider double entering BEX with Barry or Craig [:0] but they do not have the necessary race clothing,  maybe next year ? Looking for sponsors !! ..  ..  Don't all rush at once.
   ACOC Entries required whether AC , Lotus , Vintage or Modern , Road or Track...[;)]

See you all at GoodWood Saturday 4th November.

Keith
..[:)]

Morgy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 09:39:11 »
I would love to do the ACOC sprint in my Ariel Atom 3 300 but i do not have a race suit or a sprint licence,  I do a few track days every year so have track exp.

Vince Caldicott

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 21:51:32 »
I would love to take part but not sure how loud my 427 is!

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 20:54:18 »
Hello all, a quick update.

With only 2 weeks left to go before the deadline for entries to the Sprint closes (Friday 27th October), we have 5 members in AC's and 7 ACOC members in non-AC cars confirmed. So if you've been sitting on your paperwork or just haven't got around to deciding on whether or not to join, please do so asap!

crs28

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 21:58:14 »
perhaps if road going cobras were allowed you might get more entrants

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 11:54:28 »
Road going Cobras are allowed, ( subject to meeting noise levels) it's just the drivers that require MSA license & racing overalls and helmet!