Author Topic: Low milage Cobra  (Read 5863 times)

Jam2

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile

MkIV Lux

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 659
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:11:00 »
interesting....
   looks quite worn for 15000 miles only ...

nikbj68

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2168
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 13:55:57 »
I`m sure 39PH doesn`t have much different to that total, and 2,611 of those miles were added in 24 French hours! It probably wasn`t driven on the road (apart from to and from LeMans) for the first 12 years of it`s life at least!

MkIV Lux

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 659
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 15:10:23 »
24 French hours are indeed taking quite a toll

rr64

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 15:33:45 »
Believe it or not it has been cleaned up a lot and fixed up quite a bit mechanically and cosmetically since it was first reported several years ago. It was poorly stored for a long time in conditions that allowed a lot of surface corrosion to develop. It had some coachwork damage and a repaint during repairs five decades ago based on the letter the owner got from Shelby American telling them what paint to use.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

tim isles

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 117
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 19:45:21 »
Another one here:
   
   http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23977/lot/24/?category=list&length=20&page=2
   
   Both highly desirable, but I know the one I prefer.
   
   Tim

A-Snake

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 221
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 21:10:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by tim isles
   
Another one here:
   
   http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23977/lot/24/?category=list&length=20&page=2
   
   Both highly desirable, but I know the one I prefer.
   
   Tim
   

   
   Here is CSX2328 before Legendary "restored" it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJHmYKXVdsE

Morgy

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 89
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 16:34:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by A-Snake
   
quote:
Originally posted by tim isles
   
Another one here:
   
   http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23977/lot/24/?category=list&length=20&page=2
   
   Both highly desirable, but I know the one I prefer.
   
   Tim
   

   
   They should have left it in Original condition.. such a shame...
   
   Here is CSX2328 before Legendary "restored" it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJHmYKXVdsE
   

A-Snake

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 221
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 03:29:18 »
These are the Cobras and 427 Cobras that are at auction in August. FWIW
   
   
   CSX2075   08/17/17   RM
   CSX2328   08/17/17   BONHAM’S
   CSX2344   08/17/17   RM
   CSX2417   08/19/17   Russo & Steele
   CSX2448   08/18/17   GOODING
   CSX2588   08/19/17   MECUM
   CSX3359   08/17/17   BONHAMS

nikbj68

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2168
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 11:08:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by A-Snake
   ...FWIW
'IW' Around $7M ! [;)]

rstainer

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 354
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 12:51:31 »
Bonhams 3359, the real thing, was discussed in a long string in 2014: http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2992
   
   Little has been heard of the non-real-thing (see AutoRetro article) since François Duret's lawyer gave up asserting its reality after several months of dogged trying.
   
   RS

MkIV Lux

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 659
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 17:57:28 »
FWIWW
   
   CSX2075   08/17/17   RM              803.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2328   08/17/17   BONHAM’S      1.089.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2344   08/17/17   RM            1.100.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2417   08/19/17   Russo & Steele
   CSX2448   08/18/17   GOODING       not sold, max bid 1.050.000 US$
   CSX2588   08/19/17   MECUM
   CSX3359   08/17/17   BONHAMS       not sold, max bid 1.360.000 US$

SunDude

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 222
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 01:37:23 »
Adding in one of the missing results.
   
   Does anyone know what CSX2417 was bid to at Russo? I don't think it sold, but haven't been able to confirm it yet.
   
   
quote:
Originally posted by MkIV Lux
   
FWIWW
   
   CSX2075   08/17/17   RM              803.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2328   08/17/17   BONHAM’S      1.089.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2344   08/17/17   RM            1.100.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2417   08/19/17   Russo & Steele
   CSX2448   08/18/17   GOODING       not sold, max bid 1.050.000 US$
   CSX2588   08/19/17   MECUM         1.045.000 US$ incl.
   CSX3359   08/17/17   BONHAMS       not sold, max bid 1.360.000 US$
   
   
   

A-Snake

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 221
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 15:09:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by SunDude
   
Adding in one of the missing results.
   
   Does anyone know what CSX2417 was bid to at Russo? I don't think it sold, but haven't been able to confirm it yet.
   
   
quote:
Originally posted by MkIV Lux
   
FWIWW
   
   CSX2075   08/17/17   RM              803.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2328   08/17/17   BONHAM’S      1.089.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2344   08/17/17   RM            1.100.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2417   08/19/17   Russo & Steele
   CSX2448   08/18/17   GOODING       not sold, max bid 1.050.000 US$
   CSX2588   08/19/17   MECUM         1.045.000 US$ incl.
   CSX3359   08/17/17   BONHAMS       not sold, max bid 1.360.000 US$
   
   
   

   

   
   Last shown was a $700k bid, but it's unknown if that was a real bid or an auctioneers bid ;)

A-Snake

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 221
    • View Profile
Low milage Cobra
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 16:09:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by SunDude
   
Adding in one of the missing results.
   
   Does anyone know what CSX2417 was bid to at Russo? I don't think it sold, but haven't been able to confirm it yet.
   
   
quote:
Originally posted by MkIV Lux
   
FWIWW
   
   CSX2075   08/17/17   RM              803.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2328   08/17/17   BONHAM’S      1.089.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2344   08/17/17   RM            1.100.000 US$ incl.
   CSX2417   08/19/17   Russo & Steele
   CSX2448   08/18/17   GOODING       not sold, max bid 1.050.000 US$
   CSX2588   08/19/17   MECUM         1.045.000 US$ incl.
   CSX3359   08/17/17   BONHAMS       not sold, max bid 1.360.000 US$
   
   
   

   

   
   The Mecum site is showing CSX2588 as a no sale with a bid of $950k
   Perhaps something happened post-block.
   
   https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0817-309063/1965-shelby-289-cobra-roadster/