Author Topic: 16/66 DHC engine coming out  (Read 3179 times)

n/a

• View Profile
16/66 DHC engine coming out
« on: June 22, 2017, 22:40:45 »
Hello ACers,

As you may of gathered I have turned to the forum for the first time as a man in need.
   I hope no one is offended that I am asking for advice in my first post without all the usual formal introductions and expecting you kind souls to forward information without recompense.
   I have started the task of taking the engine out of my car.  I am currently stripping the ancillaries.  Is it possible to take the engine out alone and leave the gearbox and clutch cross shaft in situ ?
   I Hope someone can and are willing to offer advice.

Thanks in advance,

Colin.

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 14:46:50 »
Hello ACers,

Yes I am a member and thought I would do as the Action editor suggested and use the forum.
   I was hoping that someone else may be able to help as the registrar has something on at the moment and he has already been very obliging this week.

Thanks

Colin.

BE774

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 15:13:54 »
Hi Colin, welcome to the club and AC ownership. Can't answer your question I'm afraid. Some cars have both a sandwich plate and a cross shaft. I would have thought remove the whole powertrain, I doubt it makes the job much longer.

Graham.
Barbara

j9nno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 17:17:10 »
Hi,

welcome to the forums

I don't know which forum category you are better placing questions in for your car as unfortunatey I don't know what a 16/66 is.

However there is/are some photo's in the attached link which may assist you -

http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3263

Hope this helps.

regards,

John

BE774

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 18:17:31 »
This is the correct part of the forum.

A 16/66 is a 1930s PVT.
Barbara

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 20:38:02 »
Thank you to the two gentlemen who emailed me and to Tim for the information.
   The engine is now sitting on the floor after being removed.  It came out happily with both NVE gearbox cross shaft and the sandwich plate in place. The front rubber mount had to be lifted out with the block but it was straight forward with the engine hoist used.

Regards,

Colin